Hi, I go by nekobun most places. Whether you found me via Twitch, We Talk Games, some of the other podcasts I've guested on, YouTube, or whatever else, there's a good chance I'm the 'bun you're looking for.
Gamestuff, mostly. In order of priority/frequency, here's a listy-loo:
- Livestreaming - I'm live on my Twitch channel every night that I can manage to squeeze in a couple hours between work, recording, and real life. Hours can be odd, but I try to show up. I play a variety of stuff on account of having too many games. Regular features include 2spoopsdays (horror games of... varying quality), Trifursdays (Zelda games, all the Zelda games), and Sunday Night STO (Star Trek Online, checking updates and doing Foundry missions).
- YouTube - My YouTube channel is home to the archives for most of my streams, with both short highlights of fun times and longer episodes cut from full playthroughs. I also upload a fair amount of non-stream video edited to various degrees, where I highlight games that get overlooked, fresh game demos, and playthroughs of some game formats that wouldn't stream so well.
Not entirely. I've got some other projects simmering or on the back burner as well, including:
- Making Games - I have a (very) sparse page over on itch.io, but I've got some more ideas in the work for Twine, and I'm trying to learn some new tools to work on other projects and expand my horizons.
- Art - I used to draw a lot, and I'm trying to revive that skill to be at least amusingly passable, if not professional grade. I'm also dabbling in pixel art due to the game-making thing, which is soon going to start spilling over into...
- Crafting - I know too many people do this, but I've got ideas for fusion (Perler) bead projects that are more than just the typical "slap together a popular character sprite" formula. I've also got a list of cosplay and other sewing projects beginning to stack up as ideas are flowing again.
- Bills - Thanks to capitalism and this need for thing called food, the main priority for funds is survival. Both for me and my cat, Llyan, who occasionally guest-appears on stream (at least in the form of me asking what the hell she's doing).
- Improvements - Your support helps me find time to learn how to better use the tools I have at hand to hone my craft, and to upgrade to better software and equipment as necessary. The more time I have thanks to your support, the better things will get.
- Increased Output - The other thing that comes with more time is more production. More videos, longer streams, and additional whatever else I happen to be working on.
- Giving Back - This goes for both giving back to the community and supporters, and to the world at large. Once things are otherwise stable, a chunk of funding will be regularly funneled into things like game keys and other things for giveaways, and into supporting charity through events or through impromptu donations.
Well, there's already the content listed above, but you can also peep the reward tier list to see what other benefits are possible. It'll be evolving continuously as this mishmash of projects keeps growing and going somewhere, so check back now and then. I'm still working on Patron-exclusive content ideas in particular, but as mentioned above, even the open stuff will increase in frequency as things improve.
One big thing I'd like to do is go ad-free on YouTube and anywhere else; as things progress, I'll be dialing back the ad options I employ for videos. As it stands, I already refuse to use those annoying pop-over ones you have to close manually when they appear on the lower bits of the video.