It is hosted by a group of nerds in LA who like to joke, analyze, discuss, and laugh about all things nerd! Join Ali, Caitlyn, Corey, Josh and Tom every Thursday as they discuss the things that give them raging nerd ons or what left them wanting more. From comic books to film and everything in between, the Nerd On crew tackles it all
Glad you asked! Here is a pretty detailed list...
- Media Hosting - ‘cause the audio files have to be stored somewhere.
- Website Hosting - ‘cause our website has to be stored somewhere too.
- Better Gear - The money we make on Patreon can go towards the purchase of new gear like microphones. Also, we could eventually purchase high-quality cameras that could be used for live stream, Twitch TV, or even video episodes!
- Advertising/Promotion - As much as we would like to say, “word of mouth is everything,” it’s not. We appreciate the amount our fans share the show with their friends and family! But, paying for advertising/promotion is often necessary to get the show in more ear holes.
- Festival/Award Submissions - “Podcast awards?” you ask. We say… How DARE you ask if such a thing exists! Not because it’s rude, but because we asked like last week and found out for you! We would love to submit ourselves for these, thus getting our name out there even more.
- Event/Convention Passes - We would love to cover more events/conventions. Like, what if we could do a whole series of episodes or videos on Comic-Con each year? That’d be awes…. wait… how would we get there?
- Travel Expenses - Unfortunately teleportation is not a thing… yet. As much as we’d love to have every event in our hometown, many of them would require us to travel to the conventions themselves. Seriously though… who can we talk to about just hosting them in our hometown?
- Live Events - Someday, we would like to host multi-camera live events. With that comes costs like venue rental, gear rental, and paying people to help us run it!
- The Boring Legal Stuff - Being content creators means that you are a business and with that comes the boring stuff like trademarks and business submissions…it’s super boring…really boring…like we’re almost falling asleep talking about it. But we’ve been informed it’s important. So we gotta do it.