VIVEK GITEis creating nixCraft - Tutorials about Linux/Unix, DevOps & Sysadmin topics
Select a membership level
About VIVEK GITE
Who am I?I am the creator behind nixCraft ( https://www.cyberciti.biz/ and https://www.nixcraft.com/), a site that helps new and seasoned Linux and Unix/*BSD sysadmins/developers who want to make the most of the sysadmin-hood.
Okay why I am starting a Patreon account:nixCraft is a single man indie operation and online since 2002. I am a seasoned sysadmin and a trainer for the Linux, operating system/Unix shell scripting. I had started this site for sharing my knowledge and documenting my experience as a sysadmin. Over last 15 years site grown a lot.
Now we are in 2019. I have written over 5600+ tutorials and long blog posts. Apart from posts, I regularly reply tech support emails, maintain Linux shell scripting tutorial wiki, update old tutorials with relevant information and moderate comments. nixCraft has become a 40+ hour/week job for me. I want to nixCraft to grown more for a long time. Create more content and may be video tutorials too. I am obsessed with writing and helping others to learn Linux and open source software. I believe nixCraft should continue for a long time.
Why support nixCraft on Patron?
- Pretty much any Linux/Unix beginner or intermediate searching for Linux help will end up on my site.
- Often, I get an email telling me that you learned practical skills over the years and I helped you in your day-to-day job.
- Managing site like nixCraft take lots of time and effort.
- The way Patreon works is a fan or reader can donate whatever they want per month, and the donation is recurring each month after that.
What I will use the money for:
- Hosting - Hosting servers are now sponsored by Linode (thank you!).
- CDN Bandwidth - CDN Bandwidth is sponsored by Cloudflare (thank you).
- Internet connection : This also includes my home office ADSL2/FTTP and 4G LTE bandwidth.
- DNS hosting
- Backup servers
- Email hosting/routing
Thanks for any help you can offer if you decide to, and thanks for being a reader!