Noclipis creating Video Game Documentaries
Select a membership level
Supporters get access to our patron-only discord and exclusive update posts on our docs and upcoming projects here on Patreon.
Plus: Our sincere thanks for supporting our work.
Insiders get access to all of our behind-the-scenes videos (filming around the world, working in the studio, updates), plus exclusive episodes of the Noclip Podcast every single month.
Plus: Discord Access, Patron Posts, our sincere thanks!
Join our crew to watch the documentaries days before they go public and get access to bonus scenes that didn't make it into the final cut.
Plus: Behind-the-Scenes Video Library, Bonus Podcasts, Discord Access, Patron Posts, our sincere thanks!
2020 Documentary Road Map
January: O uter Wilds, Transistor, DOOM Eternal Demon Design, Gish February: Shovel Knight History, a lot of filming... March: Launching Hades on Steam April: The Outer Worlds Series, Pyre
History of Creative Assembly, History of Arkane.
- June: Command & Conquer Remastered Collection, Dwarf Fortress, Art Directing @ Double Fine, Suda 51, Genital Jousting & More.
- July: Design of Prey, Design of Dishonored.
- Date TBD: The AbleGamers Charity, Steven Spohn Profile, GDC 2019 Videos, Edmund McMillen's Games.
Documentaries Funded to Date:
- The (Untold) History of Arkane Studios - May 2020
- The History of Creative Assembly - May 2020
- The Outer Worlds (Series) - April 2020
- Pyre - April 2020
- Hades Developing Hell #04 - February 2020
- Gish - January 2020
- Transistor - January 2020
- Outer Wilds - January 2020
- Bastion - December 2019
- The History of Quake with Tim Willits - December 2019
- Inside the ESRB - November 2019
- Hitman / IO Interactive - July / August 2019
- E3: Behind the Scenes with the Games Media - July 2019
- Hades Developing Hell #03 - June 2019
- Telltale: The Human Stories Behind The Games - May 2019
- Noclip GDC 2019 Series (16 Interviews)
- The Elder Scrolls Blades - April 2019
- Mortal Kombat Features - March 2019
- Astroneer - March 2019
- Hades: Developing Hell - #02 - February 2019
- Directing God of War with Cory Barlog - January 2019
- Hades: Developing Hell - #01 - December 2018
- The Legacy of Half-Life - December 2018.
- STAY FREE: The Team Spooky Story - December 2018
- Fallout Shelter - October 2018
- Dream Daddy / Game Grumps - September 2018
- GOG & Games Preservation - July 2018
- The Design of Fallout 76 - June 2018
- History of Bethesda Game Studios - June 2018
- Warframe - March 2018
- Horizon Zero Dawn - December 2017
- GTA Online - December 2017
- Profile: PLAYERUNKNOWN - November 2017
- The Witcher Series (x6 videos) - October 2017
- FINAL FANTASY XIV - June 2017
- The Witness - April 2017
- Spelunky - April 2017
- Frog Fractions 1 & 2 - March 2017
- Rediscovering Mystery - February 2017
- Profile: John Romero - January 2017
- DOOM (2016) - September 2016
- Rocket League - October 2016
Hey, my Danny O'Dwyer and in September of 2016, I quit my job at GameSpot to found Noclip. Since then we've been filming documentaries about video game development all around the world. Funded entirely by our Patrons, we've been on a mission to create a vault of timeless documentaries to help preserve the story of video games for generations to come. All of these documentaries are available to watch on YouTube for free.
These documentaries would never have happened without the support of thousands of people around the world. Our mission is to be independent & authentic, so we take absolutely no advertising money or funding from the video games industry to produce these. We try and pay our patrons back for their generosity by giving them access to behind the scenes features, updates, early access, exclusive podcasts and much more.
With your help, we can continue to preserve gaming's history. We can make entertaining docs about games. We can educate young designers and players.
Please join us today and help us continue our work.
Danny O'Dwyer, Noclip Founder