It takes me 6 to 10 hours to research and write each post. I love writing, but it does take time and money to keep the blog going. Because new posts are published on Mondays, I would lose whole Sundays writing, missing out on spending time with my kids. I am an executive director of a nonprofit in Seattle, so I asked my board to drop my position (and salary) down by 20%, so I could write one day a week and spend time with my family on the weekends.
Thanks for being a patron and keeping it going. Here are a few popular posts:
- When you don't disclose salary range on a job posting, a unicorn loses its wings
- Answers on grant proposals if nonprofits were brutally honest with funders
- Are you or your org guilty of Trickle-Down Community Engagement?
- Imagine if Apple had to run like a nonprofit
- 12 tips to ensure you don't stab anyone on your first day back from break
Anything related to nonprofit work is fair game to be discussed on NAF, but there is a slant toward equity, including the challenges faced by leaders and organizations of color. And I like to use different ways to talk about complex topics, including pop culture, pictures of baby animals, and references to Kenny Loggins and Foreigner.