Hi there!I'm Caroline Eklund, but you probably know me as Nymla.
I make mainly masks & costumes, but also sculptures and all kinds of crafts and creations using a wide range of materials - with focus on organic, ecological, recycled, earth & animal friendly ones.
I find my inspiration mainly in nature, folklore, mystery & history. My creative lair is located in the northern parts of Sweden – aka Norrland.
You can see more of my work at Instagram!
With your support I can continue to explore the deep dark forests and share with you the ancient, magical and sometimes unsettling creatures I glimpse in there.
The process of creating my pieces is very time-consuming and because of that I have had to accept that it's not possible for me to make a living with my type of art at this moment, no matter how hard I work. But with the support from my Patrons I can fill in that gap and make it a reality!
Right now I do sometimes take on other jobs to pay the bills. For example, every now and then I work at an opera house, behind the stage or making props and such – that is a good job that I am super grateful for, but it's not my hearts passion.
My ultimate goal with this Patreon is to be able to work full-time on my own creations and projects - to bring to life the ideas that come from within myself.
Without that crippling stress connected to money – having the peace of mind to know I can pay my rent - I will be able to invest myself fully into my own creations and share it all with you!
And of course, I want to use this Patreon to connect with you all and have a little cyber-tree-club-house where we can hang out. I would love it if you want to be a part of the process when creating these projects!
I want to share my work-process with you and hopefully be able to inspire you!
Come into my studio through WIP and behind-the-scenes photos, timelapse-videos, polls etc.
I have been creating things in some way my whole life and I will continue to do so, it's just what I do. The materials and techniques I use have and will always evolve since a big part of my creative joy lies in trying out new ways to bring to life these ideas – I have learned I must not try to suppress this urge, to fit into a smaller niche or become the expert in only one area – that will only slowly suffocate me.
So, you can except to see a wide range of projects from me – although, I have been making for example masks and costumes for so many years now and I don't see that passion fading anytime soon!
As my Patron you can pledge any amount you wish monthly and in return you will receive various perks as well as my eternal gratitude!
Your support will not only pay for the continued creation of new art. It will also let me invest in better equipment, time to experiment with new materials and improve my work, arrange more and cooler photoshoots and videos with my creations, do more collabs with other artists, create projects that support wildlife and nature, maybe I can even some day make an art book!
Aaahhh, there are so many possibilities!
Also very important to me: I would be able to afford more costly ecological, animal-friendly and local materials and supplies. I strive to upgrade all materials to more eco-friendly ones and hopefully inspire others to do the same.
- You can edit or cancel your pledge at any time!
- When you become my patron you will be charged your pledge immediately and then all following charges will take place on the 1st of each month - more info here.
- If you live within the European Union: VAT (value added tax) will automatically be added to your pledge - more info here.
- All currencies and countries are accepted. Patreon in a US based site but will convert the dollars to your currency.
- Pledging will grant instant access to the complete archive (depending on the tier you choose) of previous posts, there's a lot of them!
- There is a Patreon app, if you want to be notified on your phone when someone you follow or pledge to makes a post, or when I post sneakpeeks to Lens!
- Even if you can't pledge, I appreciate your moral support so much! You can still follow me on Patreon and get access to my public posts, and join in on the conversation. Creating a Patreon account is free.
- All my finished pieces will always be free to see online.
- Patreon has a very extensive FAQ and help section here.
Thank you so much for your support!
E-mail: [email protected]
Official website: www.nymla.se
Monthly:ish newsletter: link
Links to all the social media etc: link
Above photo by Thea Holmqvist.
Forests around my family's summer cottage, that I have visited in the summers since I was a wee little kid. The image in the middle is a path leading down the the lake in the area. So much inspiration here!