This journey began because our family refused to give up on a dog with a bite history. His name is Roswell. After a year of professional help, Roswell was out of options. We moved him from Portland, Oregon to a small piece of property where he could be safe and free. We made room for other vulnerable animals who were also out of options, and Odd Man INN Animal Refuge was born.
We are working towards a bigger mission to give all our animal residents a voice. By sharing their stories of struggle and triumph, we give them the opportunity to be ambassadors for their own kind. We stand beside them in the fight against abuse, neglect, exploitation, and consumption. We give them a chance to live in a world where true equality exists.
We welcome both the animals and humans involved in Odd Man INN to be a part of our REAL life when they are on the property. Animals live as part of our family while they wait to be adopted. Visitors are included as part of the crew. As a Patron, we invite you in to gain access to the personal details about daily life and decisions that run our organization. We'll do the hard work of sharing candid photos and detailed stories of rescues and adoptions. This is also where we will post breaking news about big events and changes in our organization. You'll be behind the scenes in the world where everyone deserves a forever home.
Your generous patronage of our organization allows us to continue the hard work of helping as many animals as possible. We've structured our Patreon tiers as farm chores, and we invite you to choose your own adventure level!
We humbly thank you for your love and support,
Wendy and Joshua Smith
Caretakers and Founders of Odd Man Inn
___________________What does your patronage provide for Odd Man Inn?
- A vital steady stream of income for us to continue making stable plans for the care of our animal residents.
- Gives us the ability to help more animals in need without ever compromising the care of our current animal residents.
- Most animals come in dire need of basic medical care and grooming. Your patronage assists with their most immediate needs like spaying, neutering, hoof care, vaccinations, and grooming.
- Good quality feed, fresh bedding, and warm shelters for all animal residents at all times.
- Funding to assist with our labor intensive adoption efforts, community outreach, and education.
(photo credits to our friend, fellow animal rights advocate and creator of beauty, Carrie Cervantes)