Old Cat Shelter Croatiais creating a Forever Home for abandoned and abused cats
Select a membership level
You're a natural with cats. Even the most feral cats would purr in your lap.
WHAT YOU GET:
- access to our patron-only polls which help shape our online and offline activities
Cats run after you when they see you on the street. There's just something... magnetic about you (or is it the cat food you always carry with you)? Hmmm.
WHAT YOU GET:
- everything in lower tiers
- 4 funny collectible photo cards of the cats we'll be featuring every month. If you manage to collect them all, you receive a mystery reward!
About Old Cat Shelter Croatia
Mission of the shelter is to provide A Forever Home for the cats that never had a home or were abandoned by their families. We believe that city streets are not a place where abandoned pets should live, and that everyone could and should contribute to this goal.
The shelter is located on a private, 4-acre estate surrounded by beautiful woods and vineyards where the cats have enough space to run, play, and sunbathe.
At the center of the estate is The Cats' House, a 2-story brick-and-tile-roof building built with the help of generous private and corporate sponsors. The Cats' House is heated and provides warmth during cold winters, shade during hot summers, and serves as medical bay for cats who need nursing care. Cats can freely move in and out of the house to the outside boxes.
HOW WE USE YOUR GENEROUS DONATIONS
More than 70 of our feline residents need the following every day:
- food and water
- heating and electricity for The Cats' House
- veterinary services and medicaments
Expenses of the shelter are approximately $1100 / month which is currently financed mostly by private capital of the two people who founded the shelter. At the moment, a minor part is financed by wonderful people such as you.
We will use 90% of the funds collected to cover the above costs. The remaining 10% will be used to attract enough monthly patrons in order to make the shelter financially sustainable in the longest term.
Our long term goal is to hire one person full time to help us take care of the cats.
OTHER WAYS TO HELP
Visit our website http://oldcatshelter.simplesite.com/ where you can find more ways to help:
- one-time donations to our bank account
- our Online Store with goodies (hats, bags, and other stuff with our logo)
THANK YOU!This is Blaž, one of our 80+ cats. His dream of having a Forever Home has come true thanks to good people like you. Thank you!
IT'S EASY TO DONATE VIA PATREON
- Create a Patreon account. You can use your Facebook account to log in.
- Choose one of the tiers, ranging from $1 / month to $100 / month.
- Pay with a credit card or Paypal. (Note to EU patrons: the law requires Patreon to charge VAT on top of the amount you see on this profile)
- That's it! Don't forget to share the news that you became our patron!
Running a cat shelter with 80+ abandoned and abused cats is expensive: we estimate our current monthly cost of food, housing and regular veterinary care at around $1100 / month (excluding the cost of our unpaid labor of love).
But this Christmas, roughly one tenth of that amount will be enough. Your generous donation - no matter how big or small - will make our cats purr with joy and our hooman hearts as big as the Cats' House we've built in the shelter for our little ones.
Thank you, you lovely cat person ;)