The Open Letters to the Men of Craigslist are stories - letters, if you will - I've created about gender, bipolarity, trauma and sexuality.
The Patreon for Open Letters launches with 4 brief letters; they're each between three and six minutes. For now, every month a new letter will launch for patrons only. In fact, Patreon is the only place you can get the audio letters.
These are true stories, but some details have been omitted or changed to protect others' privacy. These audio letters are NSFW. All images are SFW.
I've performed some of these stories live at various performance spaces around Minneapolis such as Patrick’s Cabaret, The New Sh!t Show Minneapolis and other storytelling venues.
I also created a temporary installation at A-Mill Artist Lofts in which to listen to the stories. It was up through May 29th, 2017.
Why a Patreon?
- Peer pressure (the good kind). I'll know you're all looking for a new letter, and I'll have professional incentive to crank them out.
- Artists need money to live, too. The Patreon will give me a base from which to expand both the frequency and quality of the letters (think better recording equipment and mixing, etc) and other related projects, which, I promise, you'll hear about first.
- If you've got questions about how Patreon works, they've got a really helpful faq.
Why be my Patron?
- You want insight into either the extremes of the human condition or bipolar disorder in specific.
- You value good storytelling.
- You're curious what the what is.
- You believe nothing is too "private," "taboo," or "embarrassing" to be told. In other words stories can contain multitudes.
- This - or something similar - is your story, too.
So, to anyone who pledges: y'all are my heroes.
Banner Photo Credit: Brandon Han