What is Paperwork ?Paperwork is a personal document manager, designed with one principle in mind: "scan & forget". You can just scan a new document and forget about it until the day you need it again. In other words, the perfect tool for lazy people who want to remain organized :-)
It's designed to be simple, easy and fast to use. It supports scanned documents and PDF files.
It is free and open-source (GPL v3).
While working on Paperwork, I also had to develop various free and open-source Python libraries.
Why am I on Patreon ?Paperwork comes with a cost. It costs me time, but it costs me money too. I rent a domain name (openpaper.work). I also had to buy some hardware to ensure compatibility with various scanners (HP scanners, Brother MFC, etc), and I could use more. It is also my hope to get someday enough money to work part-time on Paperwork. It would give me time to make it the most awesome piece of software ever :-)
With enough patrons, I could have more time to work on very interesting new features and add-ons to Paperwork:
- automatic build of packages for various Linux distributions (Debian, Fedora, etc)
automatic build of Windows versions(done)
- automated tests of Pyinsane (the scan library used by Paperwork) on various setups (hardware/software)
- an Android version of Paperwork
- a MacOSX version of Paperwork
- a cloud version of Paperwork
- .. or any other crazy thing to make paper management easier :-)
Misc- Paperwork website
- Source code
- Bug tracker