We all read blogs, but it can be painful, because:
- Who wants to sit & stare at a screen for even more hours/day?
- How do you find the best blog posts to read?
- Who has the time to sit down and read them?
- What about new authors that we're missing out on?
I created Optimal Living Daily to fix this. I teamed up with the best blogs I could find and got their permission to narrate their content. I also wanted to force myself to speak more--to confront my social & performance-based anxiety. It's a win-win.
What is Optimal Living Daily?
Optimal Living Daily is a Top Health Podcast where I simply narrate the best blogs for you. It has been listened to in nearly every country in the world. Because of its popularity, I turned Optimal Living Daily into a network of podcasts:
- Optimal Living Daily - Narrating the best Personal Development, Minimalism, & Productivity Blogs
- Optimal Finance Daily - Narrating the best Personal Finance & Frugality Blogs
- Optimal Health Daily - Narrating the best Health & Fitness Blogs
- Optimal Business Daily - Narrating the best Entrepreneurial & Business Blogs
- Optimal Relationships Daily - Narrating the best Relationship Blogs
My business partner and I grew tired of our old business, which didn't truly add value to the world. I somehow convinced him to let me start a podcast where I narrate blogs instead. I would take $2500/month as a salary.
Producing these podcasts turned out to be more expensive than I thought:
- Blog posts need to be found
- Blog posts need to be read for content, word length/timing, readability
- Every episode needs a script
- Every episode needs to be recorded in a super-quiet environment (not at my place)
- Mistakes need to be edited out
- More editing to fix timing issues, noises, etc.
- Episode needs to be tagged with information
- MP3 needs to be created & uploaded
- Episode title & description need to be written
- Episode needs to be published along with a website post and social media mention
- Weekly newsletter
- Other activities: driving to record, responding to emails, etc.
- Pay the hosts of the spin-off shows
- Website hosting
- Audio hosting (1000+ MP3 files)
- Audio & video equipment
- Travel back and forth to recording space
- Audio & video software
- Minimal help from freelancers
- Mailing list service
- Accounting software
- Shipping books to winners
- Attempt to pay myself
It costs more than it makes, even with the occasional ads and generous patrons like you.
As you can see, I could use your help.
Every listener motivates me to keep going, even if the project loses money. I truly appreciate every listen and message I receive.
If you want to help make this sustainable, please consider contributing monthly. I offer bonuses as a little incentive.
With your help, I can create not only more episodes, but more shows, and have a sustainable income doing something that adds value to the world.
There is a better way to consume your favorite blogs.