The Order of the Leagueis creating cinematic catharsis
Select a membership level
The "I'm Helping!" Tier
• All patrons have the option of buying any of our t-shirt designs at cost (due to variance in color, size, and design, you will need to ask us for a quote for the specific shirt you want).
And we're just going to say it here rather than in each tier: ALL REWARDS ARE CUMULATIVE
The "Junkie" Tier
• Not only will you get new releases ahead of time, you'll also get access to exclusive alternate tracks ("Alt Tracks") for movies we've already riffed.
You must have an account created on orderoftheleague.com for us to grant you the files.
The "Meddler" Tier
• Additionally, if and when (and we're not saying it will happen regularly or often) we feel the need to include a voice other than the main performers in a track, we will hold an audition for the role that is open only to you lot who picked this tier. Examples of such roles from previous tracks include Stephen Sommers in the QuipTrack for Van Helsing, Matt's dad and Paul Rasmus in Abduction, or Doug Liman in Jumper.
Patrons must have their own recording equipment. The quality of the recording required may vary – sometimes we have these characters phoning in, for example.
The final decision on whether to use a voice, how to use it, whether to have a Patron rerecord it, whether a performance makes it into the final track, and all other decisions related to this process are at the discretion of the track director(s). This tier only guarantees the possibility to be considered.
If a Patron's voice is used, credit will be given in the track's readme file.
About The Order of the League
The Order of the League represents the combined talent of indie riffing teams QuipTracks, Drawback Productions, Ice on Mars, and TreacheRiffs. We came together to elevate each other in the art of knocking Hollywood dreck down a peg. With your support, we can rise even further. While we are all happy to work for months on a full-length riff, we do have day jobs and bills. This Patreon will fund our shared expenses and allow us to expand and improve our services. Here's some of the specific ways we'll use the funds:
- Web Hosting: We currently spend around $30/mo of our own money to pay for our hosting and online catalog. This is the first thing that needs to be covered.
- Expansion: Once the basic costs are out of the way, we can upgrade to new services like SendOwl or get advanced sales reports. It's behind-the-scenes stuff, but it helps keep everything running smoothly.
- Advertising: Right now, we rely almost exclusively on word-of-mouth. With a little bit of cash, we could work on expanding our audience.
- Research and Development: We have ideas for new software and technologies that could change the way we poke fun at bad movies, but until we have the funds to hire the relevant coders, register patents, create prototypes, etc., they will never see the light of day.
- Equipment and Travel: As a collective formed over the internet, our actual members are spread across the country and their recording setups vary in terms of quality. It would be great if we could purchase better mics, mixers, and sound cards, AND have the ability to get together to record in person.