Patrick Milleris creating fighting game community content
Select a membership level
Thanks for showing love! In thanks for your support, you'll get a link to a supporters-only email address you can use to contact me for questions and personal fighting game coaching.
Read NEUTRAL, a fighting game comic by Irene Koh and Patrick MillerChapter 1
Who I amI am Patrick "pattheflip" Miller, a long-time member of the fighting game community, and I love to write about and stream fighting games.
I've been competing since 2001 (Capcom vs. SNK 2!!!) and I am passionate about spreading the love of fighting games and the people who play them to anyone who will listen.
Why I'm on PatreonI've started this Patreon because I want to continue to make inspiring, reflective, and welcoming content for people who love fighting games and the people who want to learn to love them, and getting this passion to pay for itself will make it easier to do so.
Fighting games were accessible to me as a kid because all it took was a few quarters to start playing. That's why I don't want to put up paywalls for my work! Support me because you like the stuff I make, and you'll be helping me reach more people with your generosity.
What I've madeYou may already be familiar with my work! I've been writing and talking about fighting games for a long time. Some examples:
- I wrote a book teaching people basic 2D fighting game fundamentals called From Masher to Master: The Educated Video Game Enthusiast's Fighting Game Primer (Super Book Edition) - it's a free download in English, Spanish, and Japanese here
- More recently I've written a Guilty Gear love letter (TL;DR: Play Guilty Gear), That Fighting Game You Like Sucks, and a really fun Ryu + Chun-Li fan fiction called The Runback
- I've written several essays meant to help get new players into fighting games, like this one for Giant Bomb
- I used to write and edit Shoryuken.com's features section, where I did things like interview Daigo Umehara, John Choi, Justin Wong, Seth Killian, and the anonymous creator of Salty Bet
- I stream on Twitch -- here's me explaining why you lose in fighting games
$381 of $1,000 per month
1 of 1
If we can get to $1000/month I'd have enough to pay people to help out with content production! More good stuff from more good people.
Recent posts by Patrick Miller
How it works
Get started in 2 minutes
Choose a membership
Add a payment method