- Putting together tutorials, so that others can copy things that they like about my work.
- Answering questions on Twitter, (often about those tutorials).
- Working on free resources for my colleagues, such as Project Linework, A Cartographer's Story, and some occasional contributions to Natural Earth.
- Making weird and interesting maps, which hopefully provide some inspiration to those who view them. I almost always offer free PDF versions, so anyone can print them out at home if they'd like.
- Staying active with NACIS, my professional society. I give talks at their annual conference, and I also have served in a variety of roles in the organization, including as Director of Operations, Atlas of Design Editor, MapLift co-organizer, Student Map & Poster Competition organizer, etc. I usually have an idea for something to do through NACIS.
Your support helps make up for the fact that I'm not out actually earning money while doing all this stuff, and it also encourages and enables me to do more of it. Thanks for your help!