Notice: As of October, we are being funded monthly outside of Patreon. Any funding coming through this platform will still help support us while we continue to work. Thanks!
If you become a Patron at this time, here's what you'll be supporting:
Since time immemorial, the Nuuta and the Pyceptors, two complex robotic races, have been at odds. At the center of this conflict are the Golden Eggs, the supreme power source. Queen Dragon, ruler of the Pyceptors, has constricted the supply of Golden Eggs with an iron grasp. As a result, the Nuuta race is at the precipice of extinction...
You and the other Nuuta know that now is the time to fight back. Pushing back against the enemy Pyceptors, you must force your way into the forgotten domains seized by the enemy and take back as many Golden Eggs as you can. With perseverance, you will reach Queen Dragon herself. Only then may this conflict be ended, once and for all...
In the Evader Mode, you must collect as many Golden Eggs as you can while avoiding the malicious Pyceptors, who will grow to great lengths to dispose of you. Each Pyceptor has its own personality, and they all work together! Many colourful enemies, gimmicks, bosses, and other challenges await those who are tenacious enough to explore deep enough into the game's hidden content. Comparable games are the classic Snake, Blockade (Tron), Pac-Man, and Bomberman, all rolled into one strange new experience.
Perhaps the game's biggest draw is the Battle Game, in which 2-4 human or AI players may compete for eggs in either the Survival Mode, which pits players against dangerous snakes, or the Snake Mode, which grants each player their own extendable trail of flames. There are many unlockable characters, as well as various environments and gimmicks.
Additionally, the game's story continues in the form of a second quest, the Maze Mode, which will have you traversing various labyrinths and squaring off against the 7 Spectrum Cyborgs, a group of super-powered rival characters, in Snake-Mode-style battles.
Help! I didn't read any of that.
- 1P Evader Mode - Collect eggs and dodge snakes in this arcade-like mode. 5 levels, including a boss.
- 1P Maze Mode - Navigate labyrinths, avoid enemies, and battle super-powered rival characters. 48+ maps.
- 2-4P Survival Mode - It's like Evader Mode, but with up to four people! Madness. 6 maps.
- 2-4P Snake Mode - Grow your own trail of fire to trap and destroy your opponents. 6 maps.
- Unlockable Content - A large quantity of unlockable characters, and also a bunch of other stuff too secret for me to reveal.
This is more of an aside, but I do sometimes write articles for my website, TandemShock. These tend to be few and far between nowadays, but they are significant enough that I feel obligated to mention that they are a part of my workload. Sometimes I may post articles relating to my games there, but it's the kind of stuff that I use to try to attract public attention, not the gritty, behind-the-scenes secret stuff you'd be seeing more of as a Patron.
- $7 - Copy of Snake Evader - One (1) copy of Snake Evader upon its release, as well as one (1) Steam key for the game.
- Exclusive Patreon Posts - For every month you donate $7, you will have exclusive access to monthly Patreon posts regarding various in-development information such as progress, glitches, beta stuff, and more.
- $10 - Snake Evader OST- One (1) digital copy of the Snake Evader original soundtrack. This will likely contain around 19 songs of fairly short length.
- Name in Credits - You get to choose if it's your name or a nickname (as long as it's appropriate!).
- $30 - Digital Lorebook - It's a digital copy of the official Snake Evader Lorebook, which will be created alongside the game. In appearance, the book will pay homage to old Super Bomberman guidebooks, and will contain maps, tips, enemy and trap descriptions, character art, comics, and information on the game's world.
- $50 - Beta Testing - In the future, you will receive a few progressive beta demos of Snake Evader, each at a different point in development (for instance, one after Evader Mode is complete, and one after Maze Mode is complete). You will receive these even if you are no longer an active Patron at the time(s) when they are issued to testers. If you wish, you may respond with feedback, which will be taken seriously in developing the final product. Regardless, you will be listed as a tester in the game's credits.
$200 - (LIMITED) Super-Secret Character(SOLD OUT! please read below). If these run out, your further pledges will go toward whatever I may release after Snake Evader.
* Exceptions currently include the exclusive Patreon posts, which require a minimum monthly donation of $7.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ! ALL SOLD OUT!!
All six slots of this reward tier have been taken by investors. These few people have been given the opportunity to implement their own playable characters into Snake Evader. Thanks so much to my dear investors!!
Thanks for Reading!
Thanks so much for taking time to read this page (or to at least skim through it). Whether or not we are supported through Patreon, I will continue to work on this project as we try to find and manage other additional means of generating revenue.
If you want to know more about the game or other things I'm working on, you can check us out at the following places: