May 6, 2017
One of the things I've been juggling around with since starting this Patreon has been how exactly to handle the commercial licensing of the maps you support. After having talked to and received feedback from some interested groups of adventure-makers, I've decided to incorporate a $10 per map support tier here specifically geared towards providing a commercial license for the content released through this Patreon.
Here are the specifics of how that reward is intended to function:
- Once an individual has officially begun supporting me at this level, all of the content available here is available to be used in license with a commercial product.
- The images must be used as a part of a greater product or adventure module, NOT as a standalone package.
- The commercial license is only extended for use while an individual is actively supporting the work made here. If a supporter later decides to move down to a lower tier of support, their use of the images reverts back to noncommercial purposes for future products.
- The $10 tier does NOT include the personalized map commission awarded to the $5 tier. The $10 tier is exclusively for those interested in reusing the maps for commercial purposes (commissions outside of the normal retinue of awards to be negotiated).
- Officially, all content used while acting as a $10 supporter are shared under a CC-BY 4.0 International Creative Commons license.
- As the license details, anyone using the images in their product must credit me in the publication--and please let me know if you do! I'd love to hear about it and will likely help let others know about your product myself.
- No Maximum Pledge Cap can be allowed for Commercial Licensing to be considered.
That's it! Nothing that should affect 99% of you, but hopefully the first step to building the foundation around the content here that helps enables other content creators in the D&D community interested in publishing adventures with quality maps.