Happy [Muggle] New Year, witches! In 2020 there will be more content shared here on Patreon and my blog, as well as some other exciting things.
This year I've chosen 13 revolutionary or otherwise spiritual and awesome books to read. Most of which are by BIPOC authors. You're welcome to join me each month! I will be accessing as many of these titles as possible via audiobook because I have focus challenges, and I will be sharing insights as we move on through this list here on Patreon.
1) The Body is Not An Apology by Sonya Renee Taylor
2) Pleasure Activism by Adrienne Marie Brown
3) White Tears Brown Scars by Ruby Hamad
4) Algorithms of Oppression by Safiya Noble
5) Fearing the Black Body by Sabrina Strings
6) Working the Roots by Michelle Lee
7) Stories of Rootworkers & Hoodoo in the Mid-South by Kail
8)Spirits of the Earth: A guide to Native American nature symbols, stories and ceremonies by Bobby Lake-Thom
9)The Wind is My Mother: The Life and Teachings of a Native American Shaman by Bear Heart
10) Growing Up Psychic by Chip Coffey
11) The Lakota Way: Stories and Life Lessons for Living by Joseph Marshall III
12) The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk MD
13) The Demonologist: The Extraordinary Career of Ed and Loraine Warren by Gerald Brittle
I won't necessary go in any order, however, because it's January and #dietculture is thick in the air (and on every fucking commercial) I will begin with #1 The Body is Not an Apology to start the year off with some pro-fat, pro-black, radical self-love to counter the narrative that our bodies need to be changed to fit a eurocentric, racist, ableist standard.
Happy Reading, Witches!