I will try to assemble some FAQ here, with correct image guides attached. I hope this can help.
Please let me know if some other guides might help
WHAT IS BASIC STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO TRANSFER SAVES TO NEW VERSION?
1. locate old .sol files (those are your save data) - see guides below
2. open new game version and save game
3. locate new .sol file (the one you created at step #2)
4. copy-paste old .sol files (from step #1) to where new .sol is located (step #3)
5. relaunch the game - you should have your old save games available
WHERE TO FIND SAVE GAMES (FOR WIN)?
1) for standalone version:
open C:\Users\%your_username%\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects - there you will see some unique ID (many if you played many games). From here you can check every folder manually, or make further search by 'leave2gether' - this will show you folders (for when you run standalone games from different location) and game saved slots in a format 'leave2gether_slot1.sol'. See image attached standalone search for Save Games.png
2) for Chrome browser:
open C:\Users\%your_username%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\#SharedObjects - there you will see some unique ID (many if you played many games). From here you can check every folder manually, or make further search by 'leave2gether' - this will show you folders (for when you run standalone games from different location) and game saved slots in a format 'leave2gether_slot1.sol'. See image for previous step, it is basically the same
You can use Chrome / Standalone save games the same way, copy / paste, etc.
HOW TO TRANSFER SAVE GAMES TO NEW VERSION?
If you don't see any of your save games in the new game version (but you see those for previous) I propose to use following method of saves transfer:
1. Locate your old save games (use 'where to find my save games' method described at the beginning of this post) and copy them to the temporary folder (you can create one at your desktop)
2. Open new game version, save a game
3. Locate new folder with new save game file (use 'where to find my save games' method described at the beginning of this post)
4. Transfer your old save games to this new folder
ATTENTION: make sure you don't run new game version at the incognito browser or keep your save files in temporary folder to avoid them being deleted by browser!
During the game I get an error: Context3D not available!
- You need to run the game from html file included into archive or a website. To do it: 1) download zip archive; 2) unpack it to folder; 3) run game (double click or drag & drop to browser) from 'leave2gether 1280x800.html' file (not SWF)
I get empty screen and 'download Flash' button, when I open game
1) If you get 'download Flash Player' when opening html file (like on the image above) it doesn always mean you need to download it. Click on the 'get Adobe Flash Player' button and you browser would ask you if you want to allow game to run Flash. (see image 'get Adobe (Chrome).jpg' attached below)
2) Make sure your browser (here is for Chrome) allows running flash content. Open at the address bar chrome://settings/content/flash and make sure running flash is allowed (see image 'activate flash (Chrome).jpg' attached)
I can't get my old save games (from previous version)
If you played downloadable (zip archive) version of the game before and do experience issue with your save games, do the following:
- find the latest game version (and in which folder it is located) with working save games
- extract new game version
- move 'leave2gether.swf' file to the folder, where you had your save files working before.
I can't see my old save games after I play same game version next time
Make sure that you run game in browser standard mode, as incognito modes will clear all cache after you close it (including save games)
What do the cheats do?
Open gallery, add relations / career, add slutiness, add money