Using and Experiencing Degrees of Personhood
• The Symposium Event, November 15th
Hear Lisa, speak on
"Offering Care to the "Soul-Weary During Chaotic Times"
(An attempt will be made to record Lisa this event and make it available to supporters at the . If you are not sponsoring the show, this is a great time to jump on board or upgrade your level!)
How we experience personhood and those three degrees
Gratz College course (EDU527)
• Journal Article by Mordechai Gordon is here as an attached document you can download.
Beverly with the Strawberry Nose
• I / It (Object)
I / You (separate, but seen as a person and indicative of a closer connection)
• I/It and the objectification and abuse
"It's never been Penis Envy. It's been Personhood Envy."
Treated as a “fellow” with agency is an upgrade for out groups, like women and minorities.
Unknowingly living in I/It dynamics
“Un-personing” people and challenging that habit or issue as we see it
(click to learn more about Martin)
I/Thou / Book Info and link
1. In what instances, recently (or most painfully) have I felt on the receiving (It) side of the I/It dynamic?
2. Can personhood truly be taken away by another?
3. What are the fruits seen in I/Thou dynamics?
4. In what ways do I most often engage in I/It (distancing) dynamics?
5. How might I disrupt the common I/It dialogue and culture in my life and surroundings?
I'm interested in your thoughts on the topic (even if you disagree).
These show notes will be available to the public 10 days after they are posted. Please share them widely. THANK YOU!