Helping ppl be encouraged
A book of contemplation
Who the book is for.
Organizations with values, a mission and ideals can lose sight of the human element they started with within the organization.
We are all working we are human beings and we have to take that into account.
A book for people is professions that have Ideals or a social purpose and the burnout that can come with it.
Burnout IS losing your spirit
A GAP forms: A gap between one's ideals and the reality of what happens
A holiday doesn’t fix burnout, only leaving the job will
Cynicism starts, disappointed, shut down, unhealthy, not helpful to the people they are supposed to be helping.
Coming into service work with the right amount of inner equipment to deal well with burnout and other issues.
Preparing staff and volunteers for what it takes (internally) to serve well.
Putting up with people who are poor at people skills, mindfulness, and emotional intelligence when they have other talents may poison the environment.
Leadership that models a culture and spirit that is mature as needed.
Building culture -
owning our behavior within our community
• Feedback in the right way
BURNOUT PREVENTION - THRIVING IN a workplace
doing something that is meaningful
Patterns of organizations where people do not suffer from burnout
• Shared Meals
• Showing regular and genuine appreciation and noticing people’s good work across the organization
(places and times where people can meet in casual ways and build bonds and solve problems differently)
Learning to be kind again and building healthy relations - not just policies and rules.
The problem of Forced kindness
Days of Honey and Days of Onions
Ways to contact Alessandra:
1. If you've been at an organization that created burnout for you, looking back carefully, what were some of the reasons why burnout happened?
2. What might have been helpful along-the-way to avoid burnout there?
3. What could do better to help people thrive in your environment/s?
4. Alssendanra said, "A vacation won't fix burnout, leaving the job will." - With this in mind, how does the difference between exhaustion and burnout fit into how you view your work or your calling?
5. What are some ways you are being mindful and caring for your soul that will help keep you thriving and avoiding burning out in your own life?
Thank you for listening today and for considering these questions. I'm always happy to read your comments and hear your ideas, even if you disagree.
Please share this episode with others. This page is free to the public after 10 days, but you get first dibs out of gratitude for your invaluable support.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!