While my new work at Skyeng is quite intensive, I'm working on Yii and side projects as well in my spare time. It goes well since I'm more focused than ever and getting new ideas for the framework constantly.
This time there are many releases so let's begin.
- 2.0.13 was released along with a patch release.
- We've started mering pull requests for 2.0.14. The plan is to have it released relatively fast. Shouldn't take as much time as 2.0.13.
- Project got 11111 stars at GitHub!
- New extension releases for authclient, httpclient, mongodb, sphinx.
- Twig extension 2.2.0.
- Queue extension 2.0.1.
- Paul Klimov from core team updated most of his extension from yii2tech pack.
- Dmitry Naumenko, @SilverFire, got a nice idea to create a post at Facebook to collect feedback about Yii direction overall and what's important for community. He started by posting in Russian group and then I've posted in international. As a result, feature board was created at Trello. There anyone could vote/comment for features he'd like to be implemented. That would definitely affect the future of the framework. I'll post analysis of what we've got separately per feature.
- At yiipowered users got an ability to comment on projects. Thanks to @prodex.
- Another pull request by Kirill Arutyunov added an ability to edit your own profile.
It's finally moving forward! PSR-12 got to the draft state and there are more.
Tomorrow I'll fly to Indonesia, Bandung to participate in DevSummit. Will speak about OpenSource and Yii there. As far as I know, there are going to be Yii-meetups prior to the event.