Miss Augusta's Collection index at the Patreon Subscriber's Site Map webpage.
Banish the Big B!
A Series of Sample Culture-Centered Lessons
African American culture is known for its vibrancy! Many Black students are easily bored with lessons that lack energy and vitality.
In these “Banish the Big B! (Boring)” Touching the Spirit lessons, Augusta and other master teachers will introduce and demonstrate samples of lessons for specific curricula units.
They will demonstrate how the use of Nine African American Cultural Themes and the Touching the Spirit ® Five Teaching and Learning Patterns and Nine Supportive Practices activate the teaching and increase the learning through heightened student interest and involvement.
Teachers, parents, churches, and community groups study these examples of the use of the Touching the Spirit ® principles, then create their own highly engaging lessons. Students are motivated as they are featured as the center of public demonstrations of their knowledge and skills.
This Curriculum Unit: Science--The Human Heart is in the format of a skit to recreate Dr. Daniel Hale Williams performing the first successful heart surgery in 1893.
See the attached documents for the Science Curriculum Unit:
- The Human Heart
- Banish the Big B!: A Series of Sample Culture-Centered Lessons.
See an overview to access all of Miss Augusta's Collection at the Patreon Subscriber's Site Map webpage. This site map categorizes Miss Augusta's Collection with direct links. The most recent four Patreon posts are always open to the public. To access the full collection of nearly one hundred culture centered teaching videos, subscribe for $6 per month. You can unsubscribe at any time — try for one month and let me know what you think.
Miss Augusta’s Collection
See an overview to access all of Miss Augusta's Collection at the Patreon Subscriber's Site Map webpage. This site map categorizes Miss Augusta's Collection with direct links. The most recent four Patreon posts are always open to the public.
As a supporter of Miss Augusta's Collection as a subscriber:
- You will have access to my constantly growing collection of videos.
- You will have access to printed explanatory materials for specific teaching strategies available to download.
- Frequent communication from Miss Augusta through live videos, and messages to keep you informed about the regularly scheduled video postings and their contents.
- The collection will be organized by curriculum areas.
- Topics such as independent student work, “Small Table Talks”, and interviews will have separate categories.