UPDATE (June 2020): Decolonize Your Ancestry will be available as a course sometime in the near future (date to be determined). For now, you can read through the table of contents below to see what was covered in the 10-day challenge when it was hosted inside this community in April 2018.
I'll update this post with a better intro, but for now, take a peek at the outline. Become an Chief Specialist or above to gain access to the archive of this challenge designed to help you reclaim your humanity.
Finding the Roots
- Day 1 - Colonization & How You Can Be a Better Ancestor
- Day 2 - How to Choose Which Ancestry to Decolonize
- Day 3 - The History of Your Ancestors' Movements
Finessing the Branches
- Day 4 - Tips to Search Your Indigenous Traditions
- Day 5 - Your Indigenous Traditions (Mythologies)
- Day 6 - Your Indigenous Traditions (Rituals)
- Day 7 - Your Indigenous Traditions (Language)
- Day 8 - Your Indigenous Traditions (Foods)
Reflecting on the Work
- Day 9 - 3 Warnings You Must Consider As You Fuse Past & Present
- Day 10 - Virtual Group Gathering Over Zoom (All Participants)
- Bonus Day - Virtual Group Gathering Over Zoom (BIPOC Only)
How to Access This Challenge
UPDATE: As noted above, the Decolonize Your Ancestry 10-day challenge is being retooled and will be offered at some time in the future to patrons. Date to be determined.