Welcome to our final issue of 2015, where we tackle the major themes, events and trends in tech, culture and diversity from this year.
- Explore the past - and the future - of tech feminism
- Critique the "diversity initiatives" of tech companies, and how they failed in 2015
- Discuss de-centering whiteness and colonization in online harassment discourse and response
- Confront the tech industry's cultural complacency to racism, and how racism manifests in its products
- Document resistance and progress in Codes of Conduct this year, as well as what comes next
- Analyze cyber security and where it meets privilege, access and marginalization
Also this week, we've been shipping our final Quarterly of the year, so if you're a subscriber, you should be receiving that soon! And, we're doing the last Fund Club round of 2015, supporting People of Color in Tech! Fund Club members have officially raised over $50,000 this year for diversity in tech causes. Wow!
After this week, we'll be taking a hiatus until we ramp up again in January! Thank you SO much for supporting our publishing in 2015: we are 100% reader-funded, and we couldn't have done it without your help. We can't wait to do it all over again in 2016. See you soon!
Model View Culture