Here I used Frangelico because it is readily available, but I have also done this recipe using Castries Peanut Rum Creme Liqueur in place of the Frangelico. It really brings home the peanut flavor but it is difficult to find these days. If you can find it give that version a try as well, it's creamier because of the Castries but equally delicious.
PEANUT BUTTER CUP
2 Oz. Frangelico
1 Oz. Bourbon
1 Oz. Dark Creme De Cacao
2 Dashes Black Walnut Bitters
Garnish: Peanut Butter and Shaved Chocolate Rim
Tools: Small plates for chocolate shavings, Cocktail shaker
Glass: Cocktail or Coupe
- Shave a bar of chocolate over a small plate.
- Spread peanut butter on the rim of your glass with a finger then dip rim in the chocolate shavings.
- Chill the glass in the freezer.
- Add the ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice then shake until chilled.
- Strain into your chilled glass and serve with the killer Bacon Bourbon Caramel Popcorn mentioned above.
Yes, those are a couple of Peanut Butter Cup Pops on the plate and they're very easy to make. You simply grab a buttered melon baller (you can also butter the palms of your hands and get down and dirty), scoop out some peanut butter balls onto a piece of parchment paper, shove in some pop sticks then freeze those for a few hours until they're solid. Then you melt some chocolate and dip the frozen peanut butter balls sticks into that and chill them down in the fridge until the chocolate sets. Bingo, homemade peanut butter cups on a stick or Peanut Butter Cup Pops.