1-2pm CST | Tea Meditation + Journaling -
Our monthly offering of meditative journaling practice, with an evolving seasonal focus. Summer is very high energy, humid and hot, while autumn can be a curious season. It's crisp and lighter, but also windy, full of movement. It's also a time when we're establishing routine and focusing on our studies and work. Our tea meditation practice turns toward autumn restoration and grounding during this time.
3-4pm CST | Wellbeing Series: Present Patience -
The focus of this unique mindfulness workshop is tapping into our capacity for what is called “calm alertness” - a patient presence, poised yet relaxed - with tea study as our method. We'll take a deeper look at classical, artful brewing techniques that cultivate our sense of compassion, generosity, and ability to "be" with ourselves and with our tea. The intention of nourishing our patience is an integral part of restoration.
For either of these workshops, suggested materials include:
- A quiet, comfortable place to sit for about an hour (each class). Ideally on a floor cushion, but a comfortable chair or couch is ok too.
- A light blanket or sweater, in case you get chilly
- You may enjoy sitting by a window, partially open, for some outside sound.
- Electric kettle with about 1 qt/1L of water
- Shallow small dish or bowl to hold dry tea leaves
- A small tea bowl, rounded mug or chawan. About 10oz/300ml.
- Suggested teas for autumn practice: Deeper oolongs or gentle black teas. If it's still very hot or humid in your area, consider sticking with green teas until the temperature or wind starts to shift more noticeably.
- If you're attending the Wellbeing series class, and have some tea ware you enjoy using for gongfu (gaiwan, pitcher, water cooling bowl, cups, etc), feel free to bring those.
Tea Meditation + Journaling is available for $5 tier members. Wellbeing Series classes are available for $10 tier members, as well as Meditation + Journaling.
Have a wonderful end of your week, and I hope to see you on Sunday!