🎉🤩 Hurrah! 🤩🎉
I just finished uploading Soul Saga - Beta - 18.10.20!!!!!!
I want to thank everyone for all of their bug reports, and for the super fun livestream (by Roydical) I got to watch. All of this information is absolutely invaluable, and I got to work immediately to fix some issues and apply some feedback.
📝 P.S. If you ever plan to stream your play of the beta, please let me know! Watching videos or livestreams grants me invaluable information as I intrinsically analyze how players are expecting Soul Saga to work and function.
🌟⭐Get it here! ⭐🌟
🤓 Summary 🦊
This update focused on...
- Stability (which was drastically needed)
- Adjusting some balancing in combat, in particular with giving the player a (much) better chance at acting first in combat.
Changelog - 18.10.20
🔮 New Features 🔮
Major gameplay changes suggested by fans or myself.
- Combat: When an actor is hit, they'll now lose some progress to their next action point.
🔨 Feedback Fixes 🔧
Minor-ish adjustments based on fan feedback and personal observation...
- Cutscenes: UI : Removed Typewriter sound effect that played when text appeared for dialogue.
- Combat: Gameplay : Enemy stat adjustments.
- Combat: Gameplay : Action point timer increased to 7 seconds (from 5 seconds).
- Combat: Gameplay : Additional action point time penalty ratio removed (use to increase time by 2x/3x/4x respectively).
- Combat: Gameplay : Enemies now have a starting action point accumulation of 0 to 25% (was always 0 to 100%), and now have a 20% chance to get to roll 0 to 100%.
- Combat: UI : When moving, the confirm button is now hidden before the player moves.
- Combat : UI : Characters with "Move" skill queued will have their menu options hidden.
- Combat : Visual : Character weapons will disappear while moving since the animations currently do not support the weapon bone in the correct location.
🐞 Bug Squashes 🐛
Bugs that (should) be fixed...
- Bug: Combat : UI : Option menu broken in battle.
- Bug: Combat : Gameplay : Cave Meese in the Pleasant Woods cave cause a softlock after they attack.
- Bug: Combat : Visual : Lighting in combat is often too bright or too dark.
- Bug: Field : UI : When moving character with mouse click - clicking in the sky will not animate the player character.
- Bug: Field : UI : When moving character with mouse click - clicking in the sky is inaccurate.
- Bug: Combat : Visual : Various combat particle visual bugs.
- Bug: Combat : UI : List items remain from previous menus when switching between them.
- Bug: Field : Visual : Pleasant Woods cave boundaries are visible.
- Bug: Field : Visual : Sparkling items on ground don't remove particles after being picked up.
- Bug: Combat : UI : Clicking next to a target list item (still inside GUI) will close the menu.
- Bug: Field : Gameplay : Stone statue puzzle in Pleasant Woods broken.
- Bug: Combat : Visual : Elise and Tobi don't have run animations when moving in combat.
- Bug: Combat : UI : Character options appear while running (clicking on them can soft lock game).
- Bug: UI : Main Menu : Save file delete buttons are not appearing.