😘 Hello, friend! 💖
Wow, this update got finished fast! I'm so motivated lately from all of your support that I just can't stop getting stuff done!
This time we've got new skills and balance adjustments that start to really show the potential of Soul Saga's combat system.
I also began working towards ensuring all characters in Soul Saga have unique combat abilities, as was requested by a large amount of Soul Saga fans.
🎉🥂🍾There are no more critical bugs! (*cough* That have been reported...)
Soul Saga appears to be very stable with no game-breaking bugs. So if you see anything off in this build PLEASE let me know. I'm eager to squash them critters!
📝 Note: Please keep an eye out to see if any music stops playing or has awkward cross-fade timing. I refactored the coding back-end for how music is managed. Audio management is a bit tricky, especially with so many priorities overlapping each other, so there may be some music audio bugs as a result.
🔮 New Features 🔮
Elise has an new skill! The Friend-In-A-Box is Elise's latest invention that will summon a compact ally to defend you! This skill demonstrates the line of sight system in combat by requiring the Friend-In-A-Box be placed between the enemy and their target to work.
Tobi has a new skill! Since the last patch Tobi has hit the Elchemy books hard and learned how to throw fire! This addition showcases the importance a unique party dynamic has with the Wheel of Morai combat system.
🔨 Feedback Fixes 🔧
Adjustments to existing features based on fan feedback and personal observation...
- Added a new (valuable) reward to the optional boss battle.
- General combat balancing.
- Removed amber in the item shop to focus on enhancing character uniqueness, which was highly requested by fans. (Poll)
- Fireball skill action points reduced to 1 (from 2) and power modifier reduced to 100% (from 200%).
🐞 Bug Squashes 🐛
Bugs that (should) be fixed...
- Combat: Will sometimes softlock if an action ends while selecting a target. (Special shout out to "Moothulu (Suslik)" on Discord for helping me crush this one! 😊🙏🤓)
- Combat: Slow motion kill shots won't occur more than once per game.
- Audio: If Jingle from opening chest plays while combat is initiated, both the exploration and combat music will be playing at the same time.
- UI: Item panel will not remember the previously selected item unless it was clicked.
- UI: Item panel will remain at a blank screen after the last consumable item is used (if the item does not require a target).
- UI: Shop Panel - Selling the final item will not properly clear the details window.
- Cutscene: Cutscene in Pleasant Woods where the player first sees the Grumplin doesn't play.
- Cutscene: Adjusted some script dialogue to conform to the current story better.
- Field: Fixed some colliders around the game.
- Field: Character animations will keep running while interacting with a shop, chests, or sleeping spots.
- Cutscene: Beta Complete cutscene text needs to be updated.
- UI: The main menu button will sometimes appear in combat or when switching from mouse to controller modes.