When most people think of relationships they probably think of spouse or someone who they are dating. But other important relationships can be with your kids of course, co-workers, neighbors, friends and others. Over the year’s relationships can fade away for one reason or another. That has happened to me so many times when I move to a new town or start a new job. The friends that you had that you thought were your closest friend seem to fade away and not want to come see you. Family should always be there for you but as we know it isn’t always the case.
We stress to our boys that family should be your best friends in life and make an effort to spend time with your family every year. We told them that they will have people in their lives that it is a one-sided relationship, they may make the effort to go travel to them but they never travel to see them. Those are relationships that may not be worth the effort if one sided all the time.
I know of people that have been selfish over the years and let relationships end. I know of kids that don’t make efforts to have a relationship with their parents. My Dad is in Heaven now but I wish I had another day with him. If I only could go back to age 12 with the knowledge I have now. I can say my Dad was always there for me. I was a lucky kid. It is sad that some Kids forget so easily what love their parents have for them and only look at material things or try to change their parents to their idea of a perfect parent.
To me there is no perfect parent but one that loves you for life is worth all the money in the world. Then there are the parents that alienate their kids from the other parent during after a divorce. That is sad and should be illegal.
Here are some good quotes to help remind yourself the importance of all your relationships today;
- “I want you to be Happy and I want to be the Reason.” By OverDoseLovers
- “When two people really love each other, they always find a way to make it work. No matter how hard it is.” By Curiano.com
- “5 Riles of a Relationship: 1. Stay Faithful. 2. Make them feel Wanted. 3. Respect your partner. 4. Don’t Flirt with others. 5. Make Time.” by Extramadness.com
- “He is able who thinks he is able.” By Buddha
- “Relationships gets stronger when both are willing to understand mistakes and forgive each other.” By Kushandwizon
- “You cannot push anyone up the ladder unless he is willing to climb.” By Andrew Carnegie
- “Treasure your relationships, not your possessions.” By Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “Don’t talk, just act. Don’t say, just show. Don’t promise, just prove.” By QuotePrism
- “A true relationship is two unperfect people refusing to give up on each other.” By InpirationalQuotesGazette.com
- “All relationships go through hell, real ones get through it.” By Picturequotes.com
- “People with faith in God would never divorce their spouse or leave their kids.” By unknown
From the NLT Bible – Matthew 5:23,4
Broken relationships can hinder our relationship with God. If we have a problem or grievance with a friend, we should resolve the problem as soon as possible. We are hypocrites if we claim to love God while we hate others. Our attitudes towards others reflect our relationship with God (1 John 4:20)
Few other examples to look up in the bible would be:
- Matthew 5:27-30 It’s not enough to avoid adultery. We must also keep our hearts from lusting and be faithful.
- Matthew 5:31,32 Its not enough to be legally married. We must also live out marriage commitments.
- Matthew 5:33-37 It’s not enough to keep a vow. We must also avoid casual and irresponsible commitments to God.
What ways do you feed your mind daily with positive fuel? What are some of your favorite quotes?
Here is a positive quote I like; “Remind yourself daily that there is no way to happiness; rather, happiness is the way.” ― Wayne W. Dyer, Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao
Let me know your thoughts about this blog and let me know of others you would like me to do in the future. I feel we can all learn from each other. That is why I am in the helping people retire early, enjoy life more and be more successful. Also, please see my Disclaimer page.
Don’t give up on your dreams; don’t let others talk you out of your dreams. Make your dreams happen. Make it happen today.
Let me know your thoughts or ideas.