Here are the results for the November 2018 voting.
- 1. Using SurfaceTool and ArrayMesh to generate 3D geometry on the fly, as well as procedural content: 21.54%
- 2. Record from Microphone and play back: 10.77%
- Directional 2D Shadows: 17.24%
Following are the popular vote results:
- 1. Using SurfaceTool and ArrayMesh to generate 3D geometry on the fly, as well as procedural content: 12.20%
- 2. Isometric game with 2D lighting (similar to old Isometric lighting demo from Godot 2.x, but improved): 9.23%
- 3. Why object pooling is not needed in Godot (this appears often, you don't need to do pooling in Godot, guys..): 7.59%
- 4. How to do AR/VR: 7.14%
- 5. Better A* docs and examples: 6.70%
- 1. Render Layers and configurable render passes: 14.43%
- 2. Rework/speed up collision code for 2D physics: 12.87%
- 3. Add virtual joystick for mobile: 9.75%
- 4. Directional 2D Shadows: 8.93%
- 5. interactive/parametric music and sound like FMOD or WWISE: 8.48%
We are some weeks behind schedule with the voting, so proposals for December will start very very soon!