Cathleen McKenzie was born and raised in a small town in New Brunswick, Canada where she went to school and college. She has carried 4 surrobabies to date and is currently preparing to carry another!
Listen as Cathleen discusses:
- Her experience as a teen mother and her inspiration to become a surrogate.
- How surrogacy works in Canada, including a very different legal landscape from the US.
- Being a traditional surrogate and doing an at home insemination.
- The snags with doing traditional surrogacy in Canada where compensation is illegal — including a lack of resources like agencies and clinics.
- The dramatic story when things took a turn for the worse with her intended parents.
- The intended parents deciding they didn’t want the twin babies anymore around 30 weeks and what she was left to do.
- Her advice to others wanting to be surrogates in Canada — how to protect yourself and the children.
- How her surrogacy experiences went after the first traumatic one and about her incredible future plans.
Want to share your story or ask a question? Call and leave us a message on our hotline: 303-997-1903.