February is finally over and let me tell you, it was one of the most stressful months yet. If we knew how much work we'd have to put in beforehand, we'd probably space it out through several months. By the point we realized how much time it would take, a good portion of the month has already gone and we decided to double down to finish everything up as quickly as possible so we can put it behind us. 0.12 is 100% mechanics. New locations, characters in them, moving around, sometimes interacting with each other.
Some of you might be asking: if 0.12 doesn't have any events or dialogs, what were you doing all this month? Well, let me tell you...
Let's start with some statistics: 0.12 has over 560 new images. Some of them are sprites, others fullscreen. The number will probably go up in the next couple of days because we want to add some new and almost done actions and new angles.
The game shows different time of day. Characters wear different clothes. They go about doing their business. Sometimes you can see them from different angles and sometimes there are additional actions.
The game now has dialog settings. You can change dialog speed, font size, and "I'm here to play, not to read" people got an option to automatically skip and go straight to the bottom of all dialogs. By the way, we just found a bug with this option, the fix should be up tomorrow.
NPC mapping. There's now another sub menu in the setting, NPC mapping. You'll see it in use once we have new dialogs and events for Max.
Navigation. If you played BB, you probably remember your ability to move around the entire house from any other location. It's not always possible because some hubs (like college) have way too many locations, but overall it's pretty useful and we'll try to use it whenever we can. So from now on, Kate's house has it too. You can also see all characters' icons in locations. For now it only works in Kate's house and Max's villa, but next version will have it everywhere for everyone, including places like college.
We still have some things to do before we move on to 0.13, so there will be small updates in the next couple of days:
- An option to spy on almost every room in the villa from Max's laptop.
- Another angle to peek on people taking a shower.
- Some new actions for Max like swimming in the pool. He may also show his arousal in some situations.
- Max will be able to see whether characters are sleeping judging by the lights in their rooms when he's in the pool location.
- Ability to peek on changing Lisa, Alice and Ann.
- Max will get to sleep and rest.
- Maybe more. We already have the graphics ready, so it shouldn't take too much time. Hopefully.
We also have some bugs to fix:
- Quest log doesn't show correctly.
- Characters turn invisible when they're changing. They are present in the room, but there are no images yet.
- Overall characters' behavior is a bit erratic. We're gonna fix that.
Once that's all that done (ideally in the next couple of days, give or take), we'll immediately start working on 0.13. This one's going to be 100% content, all for Kate and we have big plans for her!
As always, your client will update to version 0.12 automatically (including images).
If you don't have any client, you can download it from here
0.12 is available on 5th for $40 Patrons, on 12th for $20 Patrons, on 16th for $10 Patrons, on 19th for $5 Patrons and two months from now for everyone else.
Automatic updates should work as usual, but if you want you can download a build with all images from here