Joyce is the Executive Director of the Alliance For Fertility Preservation, a non-profit organization focused on raising awareness and expanding access for cancer patients to fertility preservation information, resources and services.
Tune in as Joyce discusses:
- Her out-of-the-blue cancer diagnosis in her 20s after going to law school and starting her legal career at a firm in Seattle.
- How feeling light headed on a trip to DC, and an unexpected emergency room visit, led to a cancer diagnosis 24 hours later.
- When the talk of future fertility finally came up how she and her husband formulated a plan.
- Their choice of embryo freezing and making the time for it between surgery and chemo.
- The decision to turn to surrogacy.
- The process of selecting a surrogate in California and the news of their twins!
- How she handled juggling her own medical appointments, her surrogate’s medical appointment and, oh yeah, practicing law.
- The turn of events that led to her career change from working for a firm to helping others preserve their fertility after a cancer diagnosis.
- The misperceptions about fertility coverage and how insurance companies’ failure to cover infertility treatments can actually increase rates for everyone.
Want to share your story or ask a question? Call and leave us a message on our hotline: 303-997-1903.
Learn more about our podcast: iwanttoputababyinyou.com
Learn more about our surrogacy agencies: brightfuturesfamilies.com
Learn more about the Alliance For Fertility Preservation: allianceforfertilitypreservation.org