Tim is a St. Louis-based attorney with over 35 years’ experience. After spending much of his career doing traditional family law (divorce and custody), he stumbled upon Assisted Reproductive Technology Law and has become a renowned expert in the area.
Listen as Tim chats about:
- His unusual route to representing his first surrogacy client.
- The story behind the famous McQueen v Gadberry embryo disposition case and how Tim stepped in.
- What happens when a couple with cryopreserved embryos divorces -- and one wants to use the embryos for conception, one doesn’t, and the law says embryos are persons with protectable rights in life, health and well-being. Oh my.
- What the US Constitution says about our fundamental rights to reproduce (or not reproduce!).
- In what state an embryo can sue someone and someone can sue an embryo (yep, you read that right).
- Whether an embryo is a human, property or something else, and what the law has to say about it.
Want to share your story or ask a question? Call and leave us a message on our hotline: 303-997-1903.