I put out many hours of free content every month, please do pay for the podcasts you love, including this one. The podcast will always be free, but pay for it to support it by signing up for my Patreon today.
PATRONS GET ACCESS TO THE FULL YOUTUBE VERSION HERE
So excited to welcome back Duncan Trussell! If you're not acquainted with Duncan, he's a comedian, mystic, and host of the wildly popular and eclectic podcast, The Duncan Trussell Family Hour! And it's a great episode, as we strive to think through how to get to utopia!
But it's not just a conversation around utopia; Duncan and I get very practical tips for it, including talking to the dead, forgiving debts, shifting world events with our thoughts, communing with color and geometry, and more.
We also discuss:
- The pride and pitfalls of feeling unique.
- Whether or not our creative efforts are ours.
- When and when not to be possessed and whether or not Daniel Day Lewis was.
- The death of everything but you and me.
- The difference between supernature and subnature.
- How we are addresses for spirits to meet at.
- Why Duncan is a sock-swinging maniac.
- Economy as the opposite of the Sun.
- Collective entanglement.
- RuPaul and guardian angels.
- Duncan's privilege and increasing awareness of it.
- How to deal with the fact that you're thriving when others are suffering.
- Undoing the karma of the world.
Want to talk about utopia with me and a community of dynamic AEWCH listeners? Sign up for my patreon at the $10 level and join the Against Everyone Salon in May, where we'll be talking about Utopia (click here for details)!
• I give a shout out to Blindboy from The Rubberbandits. My appearance on his podcast will be out soon! In the meantime, you can read his (excellent) book of violent, funny, and bizarre short stories, The Gospel According To Blindboy.
• Patricia Highsmith (picture below) is one of my very favorite writers, and she could be one of yours, too! Here's a Highsmith recommendation engine for you if you'd like to know which book to start with. And you can also read The Cry Of The Owl, which is truly excellent.
• Want to read more about Rudolf Steiner's conception of Lucifer and Ahriman? Here's an online version of a book called Lucifer and Ahriman. There you go.
• Duncan's episode with channeler Paul Selig is here.
• We need to get rid of work. I talked about why at length way back on AEWCH 3, "Work And Die."
• If you want to learn more about and from The Weather Underground, one of its members, Bill Ayers, has multiple books out, most recently Demand the Impossible!: A Radical Manifesto.
• Byron Katie might look like some flake with a scarf (or maybe like your very loving Southern Californian grandmother), but she is a profound spiritual writer and practitioner who changes lives, including mine!
• A very simple but very accurate and helpful book for conceptualizing angels is Lorna Byrne's Angels In My Hair: The True Story Of A Modern-Day Irish Mystic.
• Duncan's prayer: "Please God, forgive me for all the times that I've hurt people pretending I didn't know I was hurting them, and please God forgive me for not really meaning this prayer while I'm saying it."
Until next time folks,