Hey there Pokebattler fans. It's been a little over a year since I turned off ads and 9 months since I added the $1 option and I thought it was time for an update. The site has grown phenomenally in that time and although subscriptions are still growing, it has slowed considerable and isn’t keeping up with costs to run and update the site with all the exciting new features I want to support such as PvP and the new Harry Potter: Wizards Unite game.
So the short version is, I'm going to try and see if I can bump up my revenue so I can get more features out.
* Add new Matrix PvP Simulator feature as a mostly paid option
* Add support for direct credit card payments to allow far more flexible payment options, translated benefits pages and multi month discounts. Patreon will still be supported though for those of you who wish to use it.
* Re-enable ads for non-subscribers. The current ratio of subscribers to visitors is more than 100 to 1 each month. PvP in particular is a large number of users with no subscribers. These visitors are absolutely still welcome. However they will now be seeing a tasteful number of ads on the site. Subscribers will continue to not see any ads at all.
* Swap the $5000 goal and the $3500 goal. Aka, swag store! We are working with Jace on designs for T-shirts right now.
* Directly compensate people who have helped translate on https://translate.pokebattler.com with credits towards subscriptions
* Remove the benefit for creating a free Patreon account going forward
* Remove the $1 tier for month to month purchases. Replace with a long term subscription option. Current $1 subscribers will be grandfathered in.
Thanks again for all your support. I hope to continue making Pokebattler a great resource for Pokemon Go (and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite) fans moving forward.
Never fear, all of the current subscribers will not lose any benefits. You will all be grandfathered in at your current subscription rates and will have the added benefit of some sort of coupon for the swag store to bring the price down to cost per the $5000 goal.