The Current Affairs panel discuss why they fight in the first place and then share what cultural products are their favorite lefty gateway drugs.
- Sparky Abraham, finance editor
- Lyta Gold, amusements editor
- Aisling McCrea, contributing editor
- Nathan J. Robinson, editor-in-chief
- Pete Davis, host
Our lefty gateway drugs
- Kurt Vonnegut's God Bless You Mr. Rosewater
- Black Star
- Mos Def's Black on Both Sides
- A Bug’s Life
- Star Trek
- Ursula K. Le Guin's "The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas"
- The musical Cabaret
- Soylent Green
- Hey Arnold!
- The Ralph Nader documentary An Unreasonable Man
- Weird Al's UHF
The Noam Chomsky piece Pete referred to is "When Chomsky Wept."
This episode was edited by Dan Thorn at Pink Noise Studios in Somerville, MA.
Support Current Affairs — and gain access to bonus episodes — by becoming a patron at our patreon page: Patreon.com/CurrentAffairs.