We didn't have many posts this month, but that doesn't mean we don't have anything to show for it. We spent all of our time working on the game and it gave us nice results. 0.16 is our biggest update ever, both for Glamour and for BB. So, it's our biggest update in 2.5 years. You could say Glamour 0.16 is a reboot of the original Big Brother, which is something so many of you have been waiting for. This time, we're not breaking Patreon rules, though :) Don't worry if you haven't played the original Big Brother, Glamour is a complete experience, you won't feel like you're missing storylines or anything like that. Our testers said it was better than they expected. Hopefully it's a good sign, but you can see the result for yourselves.
While normally we don't have a strict schedule anymore, this month we had to release the update by the 11th. Still, we've done colossal amount of work. Part of it was the fact that we had a lot of carry over graphics from 0.12.
Now, here's the list of new content for 0.16 (spoilers, obviously):
- Starting a new game as Max now has an intro. We tried to give you all the relevant information without any pointless filler.
- Now Lisa drags Max to breakfast and dinner around 7:00 and 19:00. If Max is already in the patio, Ann is the one inviting him to eat.
- Added a series of mini dialogs during breakfasts and dinners. Each one will unlock new functionality or new dialogs with various characters.
- Added a series of new quests. Some are complex and have hints for multiple events at once. We tried to give you all the important information without bloating the quest log with a whole bunch of tiny quests.
- A series of new events in the living room, where Max and Kira watch porn at night.
- A series of events with Ann in the bathroom.
- Max can rest during the day and sleep at night in his bed. The arousal will determine how he looks in the bed.
- A series of morning events with Max and Lisa.
- Max can help Lisa and Alice with washing the dishes.
- Max can ask Ann for allowance every day.
- Max can clean the pool for extra money, no more than one in three days.
- Max can help Lisa with her homework. He can help her with it, or he can do everything by himself. We already implemented an option to make a mistake, but the punishments haven't been implemented yet.
- Lisa, Ann and Alice will sometimes read books in the patio.
- Various dialogs with Lisa, Ann and Alice.
- Max can catch spiders by the pool and in the backyard. He can do it at any time as long as there are no witnesses.
- Eventually Max will be able to overhear some interesting conversations between Ann and Kira.
- Now Alice sometimes smokes by the pool. This will have consequences for her. There's a series of events with some progression.
- If Alice is the only one in the house (save Max), she'll be sunbathing on her stomach. Depending on some events, she'll be doing it in different stages of undressing.
- Max can help Alice with putting sunscreen on her back. This one is another series of events.
- Max can throw spiders at Alice when she's sunbathing to see her reaction... And her body, depending on how much she's wearing.
- We significantly upgraded our server. Now it doesn't load inactive profiles during the start of the game. This saved a lot of memory and increased server stability.
- Minor improvements in the client.
P.S.: one moment might be confusing so if you get stuck or aren't afraid of spoilers, here's a hint: there are nine unique events with smoking Alice, including the last periodic one. if Alice is smoking something other than cigarettes, then she can be punished. There are seven punishments, after which the quest is going to be shown as finished in the quest log. At some point Alice will start sunbathing topless and even naked if no one else is home.
Almost all series of events end in periodic events. No more one and done unique events you don't get to see more than once. But even periodic events will have some variety. For example, when Max and Kira are watching porn, the porn on the screen will vary from event to event.
We couldn't fit everything in one update and decided to move some things in the future versions. While the graphics are done, we didn't want to have any cliffhangers. There are no punishments before breakfasts and dinners, which is going to take a lot of time. Same with Alice's show. We decided not to implement buying and installing cameras around the house because Max doesn't really have any ways to waste his money yet. We'll implement them once Max can buy gifts for Lisa, Ann and Alice. We're aiming at 0.19, when we'll return our focus to Max.
And while this is somewhat a reboot of the original Big Brother, we tried to add some variety and freshness. For example, Eric is going to be completely optional. Relationship with Kira are going to grow more naturally, just like with Lisa and Alice. We're not going to tell you anything about Ann. But generally speaking, characters are mostly the same and so is the spirit of the game as a whole.
We think this update turned out to be pretty good. We finally have a male protagonist with his own story, which will be tightly intertwined with Kate's storyline. We hope you're gonna like it.
Today is July 11th and we are releasing 0.16 for our $40 Patrons. Next week on July 18th, it will be released for our $20 Patrons. Four days later on July 22nd, 0.16 will be released for our $10 Patrons. And three days after than, on July 25th, it will become available for our $5 Patrons. July 25th will also be the release day for an offline version of 0.15.
As always, your client will update to version 0.16 automatically (including images).
If you don't have any client, you can download it from here
Automatic updates should work as usual, but if you want you can download a build with all images from here
Have a good time!