The Self-Publishing Poetry Podcast is part of the Alliance of Independent Authors #AskALLi podcast.
The podcast contains a section, Indie Poetry Please! This is where indie poets read or perform three of their favorite poems for listeners, and we broadcast detail about the poets, their tradition and influences, and where to find them online.
Indie Poetry Please! Submission guidelines
If you're a poet and you would like to submit your poetry for consideration, please follow these steps:
- RECORD: Record a quality MP3 audio recording of you reading your three favorite/best poems. You can use your phone for this but the recording must be done in a quiet place and be broadcast quality.
- REGISTER: Fill this form to upload your poems and send us the information we need about the poems and you, the poet. If you have any difficulty uploading your audio to the form, send the file to [email protected] with the subject line: "Indie Poetry Please! Submission").
- FOLLOW THIS PAGE ON PATREON: Follow this page so you receive submission alerts (Following is free; you must be a follower here on Patreon to submit your poems. Follow instructions are here)
- SUBMIT POEMS HERE THROUGH PATREON: Use a comment box below to submit your poems for selection.
1. Copy and paste the text of your poems into the comments box below. The poems for the podcast are chosen from the most recent submissions here each month.
2. Please also give your name and website in the comment box at the end of your poetry submission.
3. Please note:
- One poem per comment box (up to three poems per poet only).
- Patrons have priority.
- Should your poems be selected for the podcast, we may broadcast any of the details you submit here, through the registration form, or in your email to Sarah.
Even if not selected for the podcast, the poems will be read here by many other poets, by my patrons, and by other followers.
Dalma and I very much look forward to hearing and reading your work.
Till next time, may your life be filled with poetry!