377: Mailbag of Uncomfortableness
The mail keeps coming, and we keep answering.
- Is English really a dialect of Chinese?
- Why do people say “uncomfortableness”, when we already have “discomfort”?
- Are "ankh” and “anchor” related?
- How does learning traditional languages help communities?
- Is there a better Noongar word for “white fella” if you’re not a fellow?
- Is “mire” one syllable or two?
- Why do people say they're “finna” do something?
- Where does the word “Carlton" come from?
- And listeners report back on “yeah no” in other languages.
All this and more on this episode of Talk the Talk.