30+ new daily videos, with 2 Magica Voxel modeling tutorials
- How to tell if someone is ready to lead
- Playing with green screen
- Let's model coffee with voxels
- From YouTube demo to released team project on Excalibur SDS
- Show you're having fun
- Volunteer day: high school practice interviews (as mentioned in previous update!)
- Personal versus impersonal media
- Places worth going only reachable by going slower
- Internet novelty is a bottomless bag of chips
- Shame and guilt won't help you get back on track
- There are reasons to rock the boat
- 5 things essential to happiness
- I'm sick today, so not talking
- Bringing it together creates value
- Making games you want to make
- Functional intelligence
- Free videogames for life
- Some answers come only from trying it
- Make mistakes in the right order
- Permanently put a stop to spammy notifications
- Important networking tip no one talks about
- Feeling stuck at work?
- Careful about over giving
- Let's voxel model: downtown buildings
- Are you still teachable?
- Marketing is stage time
- How will your choices help others?
- Rushing may never get us there
- Schools train us to avoid this critical life skill
- Gamkedo Club Member Success Story (embedded above)
- A mix-up that permanently derails gamedevs
- It won't count until you focus and follow through
- Ways to minimize coding fatigue
- Acknowledging credit has real value
3 new game developer podcast interviews
Liz Reddington spoke with Gamkedo Club about becoming a pro game artist: primarily self-taught online, and working remotely! View her portfolio at https://lizred.artstation.com/ and follow @lizreddd on Twitter.
Erica and Cameron of TBA Games - Erica Holcomb and Cameron Bolinger run the indie game studio tbagames.net Their original project, PeriAreion, was a realistic 3D Mars colonization game, but they have since made many other projects. On Twitter they're @TBA_Games
Thanks for your support!
P.S. The developer story above for this post isn't directly about sponsorship or a sponsored member, but it helps demonstrate the kind of real value for life improvement that all club members can receive through participation and support. For those of you sponsoring members, thank you for making these opportunities possible for people around the world who it would otherwise be a stretch or out of reach for!
P.P.S. As shown in the majority of the videos above I've been using green screen - I'll make a separate Audio/Video Media Tutorials update at a later date about my set up. In the meantime, if you sponsor at or above that level and have questions about how to get it set up for what you do, feel free to shoot me a message on here. I'd be happy to answer questions via messages or arrange a call to chat about it :D