Nov 1, 2019
With Kit gone to the Greensward, Amelia March is content with her faked witchery, the ailments of her villagers and romance confined to a novel. She isn’t pleased, therefore, to find her cousin darkening her doorway—her cousin with two feet, a belly, a sword of some distinction, a story, a young girl named Osprey, a beaming smile and an undying hatred for the elves. Still, Amelia thinks she can survive the chaos, at least until Kit announces a grand plan to start a school for divergent magicians…
Contains: A trans, demiromantic autistic who just wants to be alone with her cat; her trans, aromantic, autistic cousin set on upending her life; a mysterious weapon of mythical provenance; and a looming elfish threat.
Setting: Marchverse, nearly a year after Old Fashioned, many years before Certain Eldritch Artefacts. Don't try to read this without having first read Old Fashioned.
(Also, please continue to remember that Kit has a loose relationship to the concept of honesty and Amelia doesn't yet grasp this as well as she will. This also is something of a set-up for Darius's continued reflections on the College, not to mention future stories.)
Length: 7, 966 words / 19 pages.
Also available from Smashwords, Barnes and Noble, Apple Books and Kobo.
- Early access to posts, articles and essays
- Early access to all Hallo, Aro stories
- Early access to all free Marchverse stories, serials and books
- Bones, Belts and Bewitchments: a Patreon-exclusive 275 page Marchverse collection
- Monthly Patreon-exclusive stories, including the series Different in Other Ways
- Free Patreon-only downloads for all paid Marchverse short stories
- Sneak peaks at forthcoming stories and projects
- My gratitude undimmed until the ending of the world