I know, January was a disaster update-wise...

Basically January was terrible money-wise, so I had to work extra on regular jobs, leaving me less time for the comic. But hey! here's an update on the main page's story, and also on the technical side: 

First: I finally changed the main page's .js code to the better version I was talking about on my last post, and second:  I have started to use the <picture> tag, which allows me to use .webp images which should help reduce the size of the page.

 In plain english it means that users of Chrome and Firefox will have comic images that are lighter in size but still have the same quality, which should make the page faster and lighter.

My performance score still has a long way off before being good, but the page is on route to reach a green score, I hope. 

The next step will be to improve the list that the page uses to load the comics assets as I have found that the way it's currently organized is not the most efficient one. Also I am making my first prototypes for lazy-loading implementation, which should also help making the page faster and lighter.

Basically, almost every time you see an update on the comic, there's also an update to the stuff behind-the-scenes. The page is continually evolving into something better, even if that means that sometimes  I can't update as often as I would like. 

Working now on new updates. Thanks for your patience!

By becoming a patron, you'll instantly unlock access to 14 exclusive posts
7
Images
7
Writings
By becoming a patron, you'll instantly unlock access to 14 exclusive posts
7
Images
7
Writings
Tier Benefits
Recent Posts