This page describes the best way to set up your environment for Barry's live online yoga classes. Please read my vision in https://www.patreon.com/practiceyogawithbarry If you like what I do, then support me and my vision by clicking “Become a Patron” and choose the level of support at https://www.patreon.com/practiceyogawithbarry so I can continue to teach and create great content.
- Desktop (PC or Mac) or Smartphone.
- Reliable internet (and wifi) connection.
- A reasonably quiet location for yoga practice.
- A yoga mat (optional).
- Blocks and straps (optional).
- Switch on your video. You are encouraged to show yourself so Barry can adjust you verbally. (optional).
- Switch to the gallery view. Barry's live online classes are not a live version of another recorded yoga class. In Barry's classes, you do not need to look at Barry. In order to teach, and help your practice, Barry will need to look at your practice. If you are lost in the class, take a look at what others are doing in the gallery view. Barry will demonstrate poses that may be difficult or when he sees people are lost. (optional).
- Wear bright color clothing so that the instructor can see you in the video (optional).
- The link for the Zoom meeting.
- Set your yoga mat down in a reasonably quiet location.
- Click on the link for the Zoom meeting 5 to 10 minutes before the class schedule.
- If you want the instructor to look at what you do and give verbal instruction, please make sure you turn on the video option.
- If you want the instructor to hear you during the practice, please make sure you turn on the mic option.
- If you want the instructor to give verbal adjustments to you, please make sure you please the mat placed correctly in front of the camera.
- Check the lights! Look at the screen, if you are not seeing yourself clear or camera facing the windows, then most likely nobody can see you via the camera. The followings are the example of what we should not do.
- Position of the camera. The camera can be facing the short or long end of the yoga mat. However, side facing is preferred. Here are some examples:
- Side-facing camera. If possible let your instructor see you from the side. For example:
- Front-facing camera. Here is an example:
- Check the height! If possible, let your instructor see you standing up with your hands raised. For example:
- Make sure you test your video and audio with your instructor before the class starts.
- Have a good time in the class!