This podcast is only possible because listeners like you support it. If the show is keeping you company in isolation, please give what you can. Contribute to my mission by supporting Against Everyone With Conner Habib on Patreon! Thank you so, so much.
In the absolute rush of the news cycle, you may feel claustrophobic, scared, anxious. And you may be forgetting about Alejandro Jodorowksy's wise words about magic: "Magic in Thought: EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE."
So now is a time for possibility, not limits. To that end, I invited one of the most expansive and perceptive thinkers I know, author, magician, and Rune Soup host, Gordon White, on to the show. Gordon's voice is essential in this time, not only because he is a systems thinker, but because he is a systems thinker who considers the non-physical dimension. Gordon and I discuss the potential of this moment, as well as its dangers.
We also talk about the spiritual currents in, informing, and causing some of the events in our moment. And we turn our attention to a potent question for our time: What are spirits?
As Gordon puts it in a non-Godfather voice, coronavirus offers an opportunity for a better world, and the difficulties ahead make it the "opportunity one you can't refuse."
Let's take it up, friends. Let's start here.
Speaking of the non-physical dimension, this episode is the first one I've recorded remotely. It made me feel uncomfortable, but I think we pulled it off!
On this episode
- What the actual fuck is actually is happening here now
- The importance of the ground beneath your feet and what's immediately outside your door
- Why we need to stop fearing death
- Why the black death is the pandemic comparison we need
- Choosing desire in this moment
- The difference between public conversations and social media conversations
- The connection between medicine and materialism
- Angels, and "Be not afraid" as your mantra.
- How the panic was always here, anyway
- Why we need to create a new, better, world and simultaneously resist evil
- What spirts are, anyway - breath? Rivers? Consciousness?
- Whether or not Gordon and I see spirits
- Human beings as addresses for spirits
- Getting in touch with the feeling of "holy"
- Ghost ships near Malaysia
- Why the spirit world is not behind a veil
- On the other hand, why there is a spirit that is a veil
• Gordon is very interested in Armstrong economics. They're dirty, but very interesting, and, I think, present profound conclusions and a profound picture.
• Rudolf Steiner's book, The Mission of the Archangel Michael, the Revelation of the Secrets of Man's Being is good reading for this moment. You can also find an audio version here.
• Interested in the art of Andrew Wyeth? It's beautiful.
• Here are the twitter TOS changes, which seem to be backed-off from and have a sort of watery enforcement.
• Here's a bit on Neville Godard's First Principle, "Be still and know that I am God."
• The Žižek quote is, "The function of ideology is not to offer us a point of escape from our reality but to offer us the social reality itself as an escape."
• Here's a bit on my dear dead friend Jake.
• The Walter Benjamin quote: " The same threat hangs over both: that of becoming a tool of the ruling classes. In every era the attempt must be made anew to wrest tradition away from a conformism that is about to overpower it. The Messiah comes not only as the redeemer, he comes as the subduer of Antichrist."
• Want to hear more about and with Lynn Margulis? Here's the last conversation recorded before her death. It's with me, on AEWCH 91.
• A link to Dr. Joseph Farrell's work.
• The book Gordon mentions that influenced Gary Lachman, is The Master And His Emmissary, by Iain McGilchrist.
• “There exists nothing other than the spiritual world. What we call the sensory world is the evil in the spiritual world, and what we call evil is only a necessary moment in our eternal development.” - Kafka
• "Breathe deep, seek peace." - Dinotopia
Until next week, friends!