What's poppin', mi GENTE!!!!! Here is the change log for this past week, along with the video I promised everyone showing off something new that I just implemented for the wolf form. I feel like I said more than enough in the video, so I'll just let you guys see it for yourselves!
Please note: I did summarize a LOT of stuff with this change log. Only because it was originally several pages long with all of the details I had. Which was just way too much.
I know that a lot of people are still going thru some difficult times too; but stay safe and be strong.
Thanks for all the support,
· Patreon update put up with QA vid
· Setup the following animations and their related sheets: treadTurn, underTurn, treadSword, underSword, treadPain, underPain.
· Setup biting sheets for the turning anims (6).
· Had to make some corrections to the artist's underSword sheet due to it missing the tail.
· Fixed a bug where when changing from Alu to wolf (or vice versa) it was possible to double jump, change form, and then jump in mid air a 3rd time right after changing to the new form
· Worked on water physics and controls for the wolf, including setting up a script to pull the wolf to the surface at the proper y position once he breaches the top of the water.
· Setup code to go to falling if the water level decreases again to below 2.
· Modified wolf rear collisions check so that if his rear is in a slope/stairs when swimming he will be moved forward until it isn't as he should be
04/15/20 - 04/18/20
(SUMMARIZED; there would be WAY too much I did here to list it all)
· Implemented underwater swimming controls including inputs and code for horizontal, vertical, jump button, special button and strong attack button.
· Created behavioural scripts related to swimming animations
· Put in gravity controls for horizontal and vertical movement under water based on the animation being used
· Put in code for angling the wolf when swimming up/down in the water as needed.
· Setup a new surface variable to be used by various methods and scripts.
· Extensively tested different features as I went; modifying gravity calculations and controls so that the wolf would feel very mobile in water and not slow and sluggish as if he was in mud
· Renamed several animations files for swimming as needed
· Setup code so that you can jump up out of water
· Fixed a bug where hitting water wouldn't reset the airRushUsed var if you air rushed and then landed in water.