The pdfs collating the content below are on this post for Patreons.
This is a list of content I posted to, or found useful, on Twitter. And stuff I posted to my blog, and Patreon.
Twitter Summary for April 2020
This summary is pulled from reports generated by Chatterscan.com (A free Twitter Client)
I filter by user @eviltester, show retweets, and replies. Then look in the page source to find the markdown to copy and paste.
I was promoting:
- I am speaking at Eurostar online in November - Super Early Bird pricing ends 14th Jun
- The Evil Tester Show - Episode 11 - "What Should I Be? Programmer or Tester?"
- The SauceCon 2020 talks have been uploaded to YouTube. I've embedded my full talk on my conference page:
- Podcast Alert: @fltoledo and I discussed testing for his podcast and you can listen to part 1 via the @abstractaus site https://t.co/YYGatixRts page also has a free transcript #softwaretesting -
Things that caught my eye:
- Angie Jones - live stream of automating Tic Tac Toe Game using Java -
- @melthetester: Webinar on Modern Testing Principles -
Blog Posts For May 2020
- April 2020 EvilTester.com and Patreon Content SummaryContent created and collated for EvilTester.com, Patreon and Social for April 2020
- SauceCon 2020 Conference Talk Replays AvailableThe replays for all SauceCon 2020 talks are available
Patreon Posts For May 2020
I released a new micro-course on Patreon based on my SauceCon talk "Automating Tactically vs Strategically"
- Migrated away from BootStrapI've been wanted to remove BootStrap from my EvilTester.com site for quite some time. Migrating away from frameworks can be hard.
- Extra 004 - Problem SolvingExtra content from Talk and Micro Course - Automating Tactically vs Strategically.
- An update on Sales TaxPatreon sales tax update.
- Extra 003 - Impact on my workExtra content from Talk and Micro Course - Automating Tactically vs Strategically.
- Gaming and Testing, Testability and AutomatabilityNotes on Gaming and Testing and Testability.
- Extra 002 - Sub-optimisationExtra content from Talk and Micro Course - Automating Tactically vs Strategically.
- Extra 001 - Agile Is Not Always StrategicExtra content from Talk and Micro Course - Automating Tactically vs Strategically
- Automating Tactically and Strategically micro course coming soonAnnouncing the upcoming bonus videos for my Automating Tactically and Strategically talk as a micro course.
- Sometimes CSS is MagicFrameworks increase risk by adding more code, where simpler CSS could help.
- RestMud newer version liveLive version of RestMud for Patreon supporters.
- RestMud Development and Testing ApproachesSome notes on automating the RestMud game.
- Testing and Direct MarketingSome comparisons between Direct Marketing and Software Testing.
- JSoup for fast HTTP and HTML Integration AutomatingI added some fast HTTP tests to RESTMud using JSoup
- Unit Testing Legacy Code and Code CoverageNotes on revisiting restmud to make it more strategic.
- Working practices built around failureTips for working around OS crashes and powercuts.
- SauceCon Recording ProcessAbout Saucecon recording process.
- Saucecon Talk 'Automating Tactically and Strategically'Practice recording for my Saucecon talk - Automating Tactically and Strategically
- Useful DeckSet update and online presentation tipUseful Deckset update recommended for zoom or window sharing remote calls.
- John Seddon on PatreonDescription of some things I have learned from John Seddon's Patreon offer of access to their elearning platform.
- How to get a better jobDrayton Bird's how to get a better job pamphlet
- Abstractions does not mean strategicI think we associate abstractions with 'good' code e.g. Page Objects, etc. But we can still use those for tactical work.
- Using JSoup to convert HTML to MarkdownI'm working on my conversion from Patreon HTML to Markdown. And now using JSoup as an HTML parser.
- Saucecon next week and some notes on the talkI'm presenting online at Saucecon next week. Some notes during the creation of the talk.
- Content Then FormatWrite content as simple as possible, then format. With pdf ebook attached.
- Recent Newsletter ContentThis is the basic content that I Sent out in my newsletter this moring. So if you're on Patreon, you don't really have to subscribe.
- Software Testing Books You Must Read ebookcontent of my 'Software Testing Books You Must Read' ebook
- HUGO SolutionA solution to the HUGO issue I was facing, with some lessons learned on problem Dissolution.
- Can you help me test a patreon Oauth login flow?Spin off project using the Patreon API
- Content Summary for April 2020This is a list of content I posted to, or found useful, on Twitter. And stuff I posted to my blog, and Patreon for April 2020
- April 2020 Collated PDFsCollated PDF for April blog posts and Patreon posts.
- Future of Testing ExercisesExercises from the extras of the Future of Testing Webinar.