Jun 6, 2020
The only blog post was this:
I presented an AMA for The Test Tribe the recording should be available on facebook, and at some point should also be available on the Test Tribe Youtube channel.
Recordings for both of the above have been added (with bonus material) to my Evil Tester Talks Online bundle.
Viv Richards and I presented a workshop on dev tools at the London Tester Gathering.
The sample apps we used were:
- And to experiment with…
The Pulper (CRUD app)https://thepulper.herokuapp.com/
Buggy Games and Appshttps://eviltester.github.io/TestingApp/index.html
Viv wrote the Sweetshop and Playground - both of which are fun to experiment with. I wrote The Pulper and the Buggy Games. We also showcased our Useful Snippets Chrome Extension.
We kept the workshop fluid so people could use what ever apps they preferred to experiment when working with the Chrome Dev tools. I provide an introduction to Dev Tools in my Technical Web Testing 101 online course.
And for those of you who like to be productive on Twitter, I have added additional functionality to Chatterscan.com. It is not easier to work with embedded URLs, Hashtags and saved searches now uses the Twitter Saved Searches as well as local storage. It also has shortcut links to other helpful tools for managing lists. I now primarily use this as my Twitter client to maximise the value I can get from Twitter while avoid spending much time.
And I also released a new podcast episode "Automate or Die" I will try and expand on this over the coming month with some additional podcast episodes.
I spent some time with the AccelQ Tool set using it to automate the Todo MVC app and get a feel for its modelling and DSL scripting capabilities.
If you work for a tool vendor and want me to spend some time building objective overview content to help showcase your tool then contact me and let me know.
Patreon Posts For June 2019
- Console Automating to help with migration
- London Tester Gathering 2019
- What can we hold testers responsible for? Quality? Planning? Bugs?
- Quality is not about testing. Quality is about relationships.
- Question - Sole Tester, how to start automating collaboratively?
- Feedback or Feedforward?
- Test Automation U - Lessons Learned
- Social Web Meta Data Testing
- Test approaches are built around core concepts of Aims, Risk, Impact
- Complex Information Processing: The Impact of Herbert A. Simon
- Favourite Dev Tool Console Snippets?
- Things people don't test web sites for...
- Technical Debt and Distractions
- Online Sales and Automating
- Who do you trust?
- Who around you can you learn from?
- SEO and Link Checking Tools
- Debugging Facebook open graph meta tags
- Content Summary for May 2019
- Presentation Tips: Examples of One Key Message
- Testival Webinar Recording
- Testival Online Talk Prep
- Presentation Tip: have one key message
- The Test Tribe AMA - Notes and Behind the scenes
Twitter May 2019
I found a few interesting links that I posted to Twitter, which are listed below.
- I didn't know all these HTML features. Useful to know to make sure we don't accidentally test the browser implementation when it is standard HTML -
- Some useful debugging information in this blog post. I often start a code investigation/debugging session using the "break on subtree modifications" in the Elements view of the dev tools -
- There are some useful dev tool links in here, as well as good CSS learning resources -
- Using ADB from code to support automated execution and app monitoring @appium_conf talk from @tomercohen95 -
- Automating an app with custom code and bots -
- I spent some time learning and using the @accelq tool suite for automating web applications and created an overview video of how the tool works: using a DSL to automate, diagrammatic modelling and data driven features -
- New Podcast episode available "Automate or Die!" -
- Just played with @workroomprds new Black Box Puzzle. And you can too -
- And I forgot to mention my slides from the @JoyOfCoding conference last week -
- My "Automating Pragmatically" slides from the Testival meetup -