Jun 6, 2020
I've been creating daily content on Patreon and trying to find a way of making it more accessible. The Patreon interface isn't particularly good for 'lots' of content.
I have also written some code which parses the extract and can create a PDF.
This means I've introduced two new Patreon benefits:
- a monthly pdf extract of the Patreon posts
- a monthly pdf extract of blog posts
Its suprising just how much content you can create in a month.
For January the blog extract is a 21 page A4 document and the Patreon extract is over 100 pages.
I will gradually work back through the 2018 posts and retrospectively create monthly summary documents for 2018.
Blog Posts For Jan 2019
- Patreon for Software Testing and DevelopmentAlan Richardson from EvilTester.com is releasing exclusive content to Patreon to support continual ongoing learning and mentoring in Software Testing and Development
- Pro Con Critical Evaluation - but What If?How many biases are present in an article or report claiming to provide you with pros and cons? Here are some tips on how to evaluate those lists.
- How to install Bonobo Git Server On Windows
- How to convert SVN Subversion to Git on WindowsUsing a combination of Visual SVN, svnserve, local repositories and git svn I was able to convert svn to git reliably and easily.
- What is Boundary Value Analysis? Software Testing Technique explained with real world examples.Boundary Value Analysis is one of the first techniques we learn, in this post I explain it, and show use of it in exploratory testing to find a defect in Chrome and Firefox.
- How to download a file with RestAssuredI often have to download files for adhoc automating, during GUI Automating, as part of REST API testing, etc. this is an example of how to do it
Patreon Posts For Jan 2019
- The Kit That I Use for Videos and Podcasts
- Real world case study bypassing signup form
- Get Your Message Out ebook
- Case Study - blog and video content repurposing
- Being a Speaker at a conference
- Promoting Your Talk
- January 2019 Content ExtractsJanuary 2019 Content Extracts
- Reuse and Repurpose for Testing, Automating and BeyondReuse and Repurpose for Testing, Automating and Beyond
- Recommendation: Polya 'How to Solve It'Recommendation: Polya 'How to Solve It'
- The Polymath Book NotesNotes on 'The Polymath' by Waqas Ahmed. Polymath is a more common situation than perhaps people realise.
- Bypassing more 'Lack of official APIs'Bypassing more 'Lack of official APIs'
- POLL: Please Take Part. Would this attached document help?POLL: Please Take Part. Would this attached document help?
- Pros and Cons Evaluation SystemPros and Cons Evaluation System
- Document what you learnDocument what you learn
- How to download a file with RestAssuredHow to download a file with RestAssured
- Boundary Value Analysis is a technique derived from a heuristicBoundary Value Analysis is a technique derived from a heuristic
- Boundary Value Analysis Real World Application and Extension with Exploratory Software TestingBoundary Value Analysis Real World Application and Extension with Exploratory Software Testing
- Boundary Value Analysis (BVA) Traditional Software Testing TechniqueBoundary Value Analysis (BVA) Traditional Software Testing Technique
- Tactical Data Extract ContinuedTactical Data Extract Continued
- poor wifi or lack of observation abilitypoor wifi or lack of observation ability
- Case study in risk based prototyping and automating the sneaky wayCase study in risk based prototyping and automating the sneaky way
- How to convert Svn To Git Using svnserve, VisualSVN, svnadmin dump, and git svnI am releasing this video to YouTube, because you are on Patreon, you get to see it ad free.
- Old versions and Configuration by codeOld versions and Configuration by code
- Organised and uploaded new materialOrganised and uploaded new material
- Promoting Your Talk After it is finishedPromoting Your Talk After it is finished
- Handling Feedback After the ConferenceHandling Feedback After the Conference
- Your personal debriefYour personal debrief
- Handling Feedback at the ConferenceHandling Feedback at the Conference
- Handling QuestionsHandling Questions
- Ending Your TalkEnding Your Talk
- Handling stuff that happens and goes wrongHandling stuff that happens and goes wrong
- Starting your talkStarting your talk
- Recording Your TalkRecording Your Talk
- On RejectionOn Rejection
- On SubmittingOn Submitting
- Getting Ideas for your Talk Getting Ideas for your Talk
- Fear of Public Speaking DiscussedFear of Public Speaking Discussed
- Testing requires courage and confidenceTesting requires courage and confidence
- Technical DebtA discussion of tech debt with real world examples.
- Edit to get it rightEdit to get it right
- Treat the Submission as a sales pitchTreat the Submission as a sales pitch
- Crafting a Submission with PassionCrafting a Submission with Passion
- Recommended ReadingRecommended Reading
- Practicing to Overcome Fear of Public SpeakingPracticing to Overcome Fear of Public Speaking
- Creating Slides with MarkdownCreating Slides with Markdown
- Research the submission processResearch the submission process
- Have the motivation to submitHave the motivation to submit
- General Summary of Concerns and MotivationsGeneral Summary of Concerns and Motivations
- Consultancy life hack for writing quicklyConsultancy life hack for writing quickly
- Initial thoughts from War of the FleaInitial thoughts from War of the Flea
- Video DelugeVideo Deluge
- Install Bonobo Git Server On WindowsInstall Bonobo Git Server On Windows
- Reducing the Cost of ConferencesReducing the Cost of Conferences
- Negotiation Advice For ConferencesNegotiation Advice For Conferences
- Peer Pressure and Pay To Speak ConferencesPeer Pressure and Pay To Speak Conferences
- Recruitment TipsRecruitment Tips
- Case Study in Automating Tactically for Data MigrationCase Study in Automating Tactically for Data Migration
- Bugs Bugs Stopping my workBugs Bugs Stopping my work
- SVN to Git MigrationsSVN to Git Migrations
- What is exploratory Testing? UK Gov ExploredWhat is exploratory Testing? UK Gov Explored
- Specialism vs homogeneous / generic / fungibleSpecialism vs homogeneous / generic / fungible
- Contract based testing and presuppositions
- What are testers responsible for?What are testers responsible for?
- Free Video Capture and Editing SoftwareFree Video Capture and Editing Software
- Big Goals, Incremental ActionBig Goals, Incremental Action
- Lessons learned from mailing list software failureLessons learned from mailing list software failure
- What does 'Cucumber is not a testing tool!' mean?What does 'Cucumber is not a testing tool!' mean?
- Sound Demo of 3.5mm microphones I useSound Demo of 3.5mm microphones I use
- Recommended Microphones for Video CreationRecommended Microphones for Video Creation
- Go to the sourceGo to the source
- Secondary Gain from your own projectsSecondary Gain from your own projects
- Just or OnlyJust or Only
- Feeling like a one trick ponyFeeling like a one trick pony
- Happy New Year 2019Happy New Year 2019
- Session based exploratory testing and jiraSession based exploratory testing and jira