Art collector and Masterworks founder Scott Lynn joins me to give me my first taste into the super-opaque art market which I a) am too broke to afford anything in and b) know absolutely jack shit about. We talk about Banksy, pricing art, where art gets its value, how art is authenticated and why art can be a hedge against the widening inequality gap.
Scott Lynn is the Founder and CEO of Masterworks, the first company to allow investors to buy shares representing ownership of great masterpieces by artists like Warhol, Monet, and Banksy. Scott has been an active collector of contemporary art for more than fifteen years and has built an internationally-recognized collection of Abstract Expressionism that has included works by Clyfford Still, Barnett Newman, Mark Rothko, Willem de Kooning, and more. In addition to Masterworks, Scott serves on the board of v2 ventures (Adparlor, Giant Media, Reachmobi, Amply, and Sellozo), Payability, and the Brooklyn Rail (a non-profit publication in the art industry).
You can check out Scott's company, Masterworks, at this link.
The QTR Podcast is a completely, 100% listener supported podcast that is always going to be free. YouTube does not let me monetize my videos on the site and the podcast is full time work which will never have ads in the middle of it. If you enjoy the content, please support the QTR Podcast in any or all of the following ways: A small recurring donation via:Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/QTRResearch
One time donations can also be sent via:
QTR MERCH is also now available here.
THANK YOU TO ALL OF MY KIND PATRONS. Please show love to those who support the QTR Podcast: Biggest Patron Donors
- JM Bullion - where QTR buys gold & silver - Twitter: @JMBullion
- The Trader's Path - no BS trading service - Twitter: @PLHStock
- RumorHound.ai - free 14 day trial - Twitter: @RumorHound
- Sang Lucci Trading - the 3LT playbook - also, the SL Master Course
- Corvus Gold - http://www.corvusgold.com
- Investors Underground - day trading community - Twitter: @investorslive
- Ken R
- Chris Bede - Twitter: @cbede
- Nicholas Parks
- Matthew Zimmer
- J Mintzmyer - Twitter: @mintzmyer
- Russ Valenti - Twitter: @russellvalenti
- Creighton Titus
Longest Running Supporters
- Max Mulvihill - Since 2/2018
- Kyle Thomas - Since 4/2018
- Chris Bede - Since 5/2018
- Dariusz Kordonski - Since 5/2018
- Chris Gerrard - Since 5/2018
All podcast content is subject to this disclaimer. Chris is not an investment adviser. Listeners should always speak to their personal financial advisers.